Comment posted Council issues prompt response on Martha Payne’s NeverSeconds clampdown by Robert Wakeham.
Without trying to ‘whitewash’ the new council, it doesn’t look to me as if Roddy McCuish did fail his ‘baptism of fire’ – given his very recent ascendancy to the council leadership, his inheritance of both a damaged public relations office and some senior staff who might have been far too cosy with the ‘old guard’, and the fact that the affair blew up in his face just before the weekend. I think that this coming week might be a bigger test of the whole administration, albeit less in the public eye.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- ‘reasoned debate’ – and you talk about ‘cheap stunts’, Prof, but won’t elaborate?
- It’s the ‘cheap stunt’ remark that I’d like you to clarify, but you’re clearly a busy man. Hope the imbibing doesn’t colour your opinions too much.
- Easy to assume someone of British professorial standing, but across the pond (and maybe elsewhere) it seems that the term is used as loosely as the description ‘city’.
- So tell us how you know that ‘he was told to do that’, that the the SNP spin machine was responsible for the wording. Tell us what you consider to have been a ‘cheap stunt’, and why. No axe to grind? – come off it, IanFraser
- Gus, your comments have now reached the stage where they seem to be going round in circles, and I for one am getting confused about where you’re coming from. As far as I can guess it’s based on resentment at the SNP being the main group in the new council, and on arranging and re-arranging (or ignoring) events and facts to fit your party political convictions. The trouble is, sometimes facts can’t just be conveniently ordered to fit.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- McGrigor targets nuclear fusion in call for Scotland to meet emissions targets
Atmf – Surely exactly the same questions can be asked of the way that the Scottish government seems to be ‘betting the world’s climate’ to a large extent on wind power, when the holy grail of developing a viable complementary energy storage technology is seemingly lagging far behind the development of the wind farms themselves. Can the engineering challenges be overcome, and if so how long will it take and how much will it cost?
- Scottish Government invests in future of Ferguson’s shiyard
MM – ‘…the crew….for the Isle of Lewis immediately realised she would be an expensive disaster….’
Could you explain what, exactly, were the issues that they identified?
- Argyll and Bute Council administration’s gagging clause
It’s when the ‘internal rules’ act against the public interest, Simon, just like the concept of ‘respect’ in an urban criminal gang, or of ‘honour’ amongst mafiosi..
- Councillor Breslin removed from administration by unconstitutional Leaders’ protocol?
TTT – word on the street is that there is indeed a relationship between Walsh and Hendry, but not as you describe.
- Situation analysis 2: Scotland now – the counter attack
To paraphrase Lady Thatcher, YouGov if you want – but I’ll wait & see.
powered by SEO Super Comments