Spain’s problems were caused by total mismanagement – I have always held to the political moto ‘ never give Socialists taxpayers money’ and Spain has proved me right yet again, as did this country for many years. They spent money on Houses, Swimming pools, wind turbine subsidies, solar panel subsidies, etc etc and probably plenty personal Swiss Bank accounts.
I still have no idea what a ‘ spinning reserve’ is. Wasny me doc !
Hopefully tomorrow we can get back to the real and highly important subject of Wind Farms and their cumulative effect on our country – Scotland.
Malcolm Kirk also commented
- Sounds good – I am off in my neighbour’s Redbay Stormforce 11 for a week about that time but as yet we have not finalised the actual departure day – so will be in touch nearer the time.
- Morning Karl – I am very fond of Tilley and hope to be out Tiree’s way again in a months time. There is no ire, angst or emotion attached to my use of her as an example. I am fully aware of her history and the great success story she has become for the island and of course I am not suggesting retrospective changes to the present system.
Tim – I presume you have not had to approached a Bank for a loan over the last few decades or you would know the difficulties you face if you don’t have ‘ iron clad ‘ collateral. However,if you say you need to borrow a million for a wind turbine with a return at twice the existing unit price for electricity, and for a period of 20 years guaranteed by the whole population of the British Isles, you will leave the Bank with the cheque in your hand. Re-read Newsrooms leader above – wind turbines are easy money, hence the rush in Planning Applications. Whether the profit goes to a community or into an individual’s pocket ( with a wee bribe to the locals ) I really don’t care – it’s wrong.
I understand my video ” Scottish Wind Farms – the real cost ” mentioned above has been approved by my elders and betters for distribution far and wide, so will getting on with that today.
Have a nice one !
- Karl – when you meet up with the Doc at the end of July please forward my good wishes to Mrs Doc- she’s a gem !
The only person to offer HARD INDISPUTABLE PROVEN REASONED FACTS appears to be my good self – as always.
Karl – Tilly and others do a good job and were realised as a potential gravy train before others cottoned on. If I remember rightly you have no access to youtube so I will roughly cover what I say in the video. Why should a kid switching on their computer,or an old age pensioner in Bournemouth switching on a light,or someone switching on the electric motor in a petrol pump to fill up their car with already expensive petrol, pay for little extras on Tiree. Why should a local Village Hall gain subsidies from every energy user in the UK when there are plenty recognised methods for obtaining funds for local communities through the Big Lottery Fund etc etc, or of course they can always put their hands in their own pockets.
- Robert – anyone who can recommend a bridge/ tunnel over/under the Clyde to Dunoon is not quite on the same planet as the rest of us.
Doc – as always utter nonsense – the figures I produced are correct to the £ – and can be proved to be so.
The UK government is offering 1 billion for CCS development (60million people) whereas my annual figure of £400 million was entirely for Scotland ( 6 million ?)
Re Global warming – news from South America last week.
3 day week – that was Scargill and his mob
Everybody but everybody – even your ‘Dear Leader’ are now claiming that there is more oil than ever, yet to be produced – Karl is the expert and I’m sure he said something similar somewhere above . Biggest Gas Field ever been, found off Australia just announced !
Your problem Doc is that you think that you have to sort the future because you believe you are the brightest person around. Well I believe our children and their children will not necessarily be more intelligent – but they will certainly have more knowledge and will sort out the future well being of their families and their country better than you, when it’s their turn.
- Good to hear from you. ‘Old’ power stations lifetimes are being extended. New Power Stations are on the way. The panic over Global Warming is over – that’s not to say global warming is not happening to a minor extent – but the panic is over.
Nobody in this world is going to punish us if we walk away from renewables to relieve the financial hardships which face us all at this time.
Glad you like the graphics. To be honest I couldn’t believe the figures as I worked them out so I sent them to an ‘expert’ who confirmed they were right to the nearest £. The alternative costings are history itself – its what we have been paying every day for decades for a reliable 24 hour supply of electricity. Thats why I don’t think you can compare the two in any way – one is totally reliable and cheaper – the other is totally unreliable and expensive – no argument as far as I can see.
If the wind don’t blow – there’s no electricity from wind farms – whether there are 2,000 turbines of 10,000 turbines, so any claim to be able to “generate as much renewable electrical energy annually as we consume overall as a nation” is absolutely impossible. Renewables will always require 100% backup from Power Stations, so what is the point in wasting money on them in the first place ?
Recent comments by Malcolm Kirk
- Hope for funding for Glen Affric Landscape Conservation project
This is a video I made in support of the village of Tomich adjacent to Glen Afric and threatened by a windfarm.
- SNP lose another Argyll & Bute councillor
We want these undemocratic reactionaries to sign up with SNP, and then we will have them all in the one cell and identifiable.
- Bitter alone, Salmond now a declared guerrilla leader in charge of government
When we’re ready – remember – you lost !
- Salmond departure only hope for healing in Scotland – successor cannot be Sturgeon
So you have been hiding in the wings have you ?
- SNP irresponsibly fuelling dangerous inflammation when Scotland needs calm
Rob – the original with the late great Roy Williamson who wrote it – black and white TV days – 1968. Personally I never though it made a good national anthem as the ‘minor’ was rarely repeated properly especially by the pipes. But as an inspiring piece for its day it was a classic but should perhaps just have remained as part of their own repertoire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiyLuv3GSs4
powered by SEO Super Comments