Comment posted Council Elections: The count by Simon.
Newsie “If it wasn’t a serious point but merely another squib through our letter box, then there is no use trying to engage. Email your address and we’ll send you a box of Bengal matches to play with” …. are you on the drink?
ps you have my email address already
Simon also commented
- Crazy – “Surfing Simon” – love it
- Well, actually I am going to Tiree this week…
But since Tricky has an election on – don’t think he’ll be there…
But if you want advice on who to vote for – Vote snp. The SNP those wonderful SNP people what gave you the Ali Cat…
- Crazy thanks for agreeing
I knew I’d win you round….
- Newsie “urban-based councillors ” see there you go blaming someone else.
Duh!!! They were voted in!! The electorate wanted them – more than you didn’t want them…
Mibbie just for a nanosecond you might consider that these politicos were not so much ‘anti rural schools’ but perhaps moreof a ‘we have a shed load of priorities we have to consider’ – we have to meet the cuts imposed by the national SNP govt – and we shall consider these cuts in the round”.
IE we will not automatically give primacy to rural schools over, old folks homes, roads, sport facilities, care for the elederly, voluntary organisations, housing, etc, etc.
ps how did ‘I’ll give them a veto’ Ambitious Anne get on???
- Floribunda – Helensburgh probably voted in Ellen Morton a) because despite the keech you read about her on here – she is an able politcian and b)because the people of Helensburgh don’t consider rural schools to be the ‘big agenda item’ that others think it is. :)(
Recent comments by Simon
- In a party for whom 84,000 members are not enough for candidate selection, will Hosie’s elevation curtail Salmond’s ambitions?
To get back to the topic – does this mean that people who have been expelled from the SNP, ie local councillors here in A&B, are able to stand again? And, with the support of the SNP?
- Stramash award underlines sense of company’s big investment decision
Well done Stramash and I hope this expansion works out for them. However, I surely cannot be the only one to find it rather strange that Newsie and FA have almost completely ignored the rural parliament meeting in Oban this week. Maybe she couldn’t get press accreditation here either.
- Anonymous £15k donation to Mull’s Ulva Ferry Community Housing project
Excellent news from an ambitious small community determined not to die. Their self-help bottom-up approach is in complete contrast to other threatened schools/communities that seem to do little other than whine, whinge and turn up on-demand to demonstrate outside Council meetings.
More cuts coming that’s for sure. http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/u/national-education-body-suggested.1415109075
ps If they do actually create a national education body that could immediately make the closing down of small, expensive, under-utilised schools much easier as national politician are less susceptible to local pressure.
- Planning permission for Ulva School Community Association Housing project
Well done Ulva for getting off their bahookies and doing something positive about rural depopulation. It’s just a pity that other communities with expensive rural schools and a declining population don’t do something similar.
- United Kingdom devolution: a dog’s dinner to herd cats
I had macaroni cheese for supper last night.
powered by SEO Super Comments