Comment posted Council Elections: The count by Simon.
Newsie “If it wasn’t a serious point but merely another squib through our letter box, then there is no use trying to engage. Email your address and we’ll send you a box of Bengal matches to play with” …. are you on the drink?
ps you have my email address already 😉
Simon also commented
- Crazy – “Surfing Simon” – love it 🙂
- Well, actually I am going to Tiree this week…
But since Tricky has an election on – don’t think he’ll be there…
But if you want advice on who to vote for – Vote snp. The SNP those wonderful SNP people what gave you the Ali Cat…
- Crazy thanks for agreeing 😉
I knew I’d win you round…. 🙂
- Newsie “urban-based councillors ” see there you go blaming someone else.
Duh!!! They were voted in!! The electorate wanted them – more than you didn’t want them… 🙂
Mibbie just for a nanosecond you might consider that these politicos were not so much ‘anti rural schools’ but perhaps moreof a ‘we have a shed load of priorities we have to consider’ – we have to meet the cuts imposed by the national SNP govt – and we shall consider these cuts in the round”.
IE we will not automatically give primacy to rural schools over, old folks homes, roads, sport facilities, care for the elederly, voluntary organisations, housing, etc, etc.
ps how did ‘I’ll give them a veto’ Ambitious Anne get on???
- Floribunda – Helensburgh probably voted in Ellen Morton a) because despite the keech you read about her on here – she is an able politcian and b)because the people of Helensburgh don’t consider rural schools to be the ‘big agenda item’ that others think it is. :)(
Recent comments by Simon
- Prime Minister May clear that Scotland stays in the British union
“Bye bye indyref2 – see you in a generation”.
Well, we’ll see what we’ll see. 😉
- The measure of Britain – who cares about Gibraltar?
‘Who cares About Gibraltar?’.
Well, a few of my friends that support a football team from the East End of Glasgow were particularly interested in Gib this week. But, it has to be said, only for 90 mins. Probably same again next week and then the interest will not wane – it will disappear.
- Tobermory Harbour Association plans to buy land, pier and buildings at Aros Pier
Well done THA. Their own modern facilities at Tobermory are great and are well used by summer visitors. Undoubtedly their pontoons and moorings have had a very positive effect on the Mull economy – not to mention the jobs THA have created. There must be something in the water in Mull and Iona where they actually get up off their bahookies to do things in their own community instead of waiting/depending on someone else to do it for them. Again, well done THA.
- SNP Council Group call for Argyll & Bute Council to issue full briefing on school building repairs issue
Did this article not read earlier that the Edinburgh contractor (Miller) also built a couple of of the schools in A and B?
Did I imagine that?
Or did Newsie change the article (again) without admitting it??
- Leckie Estate to come on the market with Savills in late Spring
Has anyone actually mentioned just how boring and uber predictable this blog has become? Press releases from RNLI/Police Lochgilphead/ Tories/anti SNP: those, along with some made-up fantasy keech does constitute an engaging site. I’ve been out for ages and came back to see if it had improved.
Nope. Same old, same old.
powered by SEO Super Comments