Comment posted Council Elections: The count by phill.
I think its the language used gives a lot away’newsroom’. You are more effectiove when remaining impartial.
phill also commented
- Must support Forargyll on this as I am not aware of anything at all being banned. Sometimes the debates are heated but are in the whole educational and an assist in many cases to forming opinions. Sometimes anger does filter through but on the norm its passionate and not personal (which really has no place here).
- Would Donald have got in with the less cloudy ‘first past the post’.
- Thats democracy for you!
I think perhaps the mainly single issue campaign focus (George Berry) would not have helped in the eyes of the electorate. You are passionate and had you put a more comprehensive message out then i am sure you would have got in. I had predicted you would have got in, and am sure next time you will.I also feel with your local background you would have got elected in the more transparent ‘first past the post’, system which many hope will return.
Enjoy the cider.
Recent comments by phill
- Resignation-triggered by-election for Oban North and Lorn
Cllr Breslin; Ian Angus MacDonald may well have been scunered and a perceptive individual but he certainly has left the stage to the sound of his own footsteps. I also hope that Andrew Vennard stands as he is buliding up a respectable share of the vote and is not afraid to stand by his principles. I voted for him last time and will do so again. Never thought i would but there you go.
- Agreement on fiscal framework looks like Davidson proposal
Hugh Jazz, can you not debate in a sensible manner. Im afraid you have become an irritation for most posters of all sides and no side. Tedious and and i would imagine an embarasment for the party you would have us believe you support.
I have for some years now enjoyed healthy debate about many subjects on ‘forargyll’ and have until recently been generally impressed by the respect shown to posters of differing views.
You can do better.
- 34% turnout sees SNP candidate elected to Argyll & Bute Council on fourth count – but the story of the night is the Conservative success
First time I have voted Conservative, and probably as much to do with the stability and clearly defined policies at national level as for the commitment of the local candidate (Andrew Vennard). I have to agree with Newsroom on this occasion that currently Labour and Liberal Democrat are not ticking the boxes and the Conservative Party have beleive it or not become more appealling.
I also admire Tom Hayward for commenting above re the attiude of some Snp posters on here.
- Shock as Oban Express sold
- 5th Scottish Conservative MSP stands down for 2016
Agree that Annabel Goldie was good for democracy in Scotland, a fair minded person, and an asset to the Hollyrood parliament. Best wishes to her. Never been Tory minded but she was very straight to the point, and i enjoyed her skill in the debates.
powered by SEO Super Comments
2012 · 4 May 2012 · Argyll · Argyll & Bute · Argyll & Bute Council · Argyll First · council elections · The Count