Do I detect some soor grapes there Islay? …

Comment posted SNP’s Coalition for Progress now has a majority – 19 councillors by Crazy She-Bat.

Do I detect some soor grapes there Islay? :)

Crazy She-Bat also commented

• :? Ok, who are you and what have you done with Simon?
  • OK, wishlist time! Who do we want in the leadership roles?

I think George Freeman should definitely get some kind of leaders post back for all that he lost and gave up.

We need able people to deal with the Officers who unexplicably think they are in charge – hahaha – to be a fly on the Kilmory walls this morning!

Answers on a postcard

• WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE EVERYONE!

Now lets all go to Dunoon on Thursday for a party! hehehe :lol:

Recent comments by Crazy She-Bat

• National newspaper lambasts SNP mess in Argyll
    And so the spotlight of the National media shines again on Argyll…

and as usual, not for a good reason.

Lets just say it like it is – Local Government is not and has not been working here for some time. The upper echelons of the council needs completely gutted, Councillors and Officers alike and in their place, something that actually works for the people of Argyll in the best interests of the populous and not for their own selfish benefit.

• Am dram wardrobe for Scottish team’s Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony costumes
    Its taken me a couple of days to feel brave enough to venture near the internet or the tv and come forward. I am a victim of ocular assault.

After washing my eyeballs with bleach (from Lidl) I am dismayed to see that my first impressions of the Commonwealth Costumes are correct. Who knew there was a tartan named “Puke”?

I would love to know what that wee woman was smoking when she designed that. It certainly wasn’t kippers.

It truly is awful. Supporting Scotland in any sport is embarrassing enough, but this takes the Tunnock’s teacake.

Is it not too late to change it to tracksuits and baseball caps? The unofficial uniform of Greater Glasgow anyway? And it would be the first time a tracksuit would have been worn in the city by someone actually taking part in sport.

I think I shall spent the 23rd of July hiding up in the hills with a paper bag over my head pretending to be a wild haggis.

• Audit Scotland’s latest report on Argyll and Bute Council ‘disappointing and worrying for local people’
    Our council is rotten. There’s a surprise. Its not like we don’t already know this.

The only way this is going to change is the complete replacement of the senior officers at the council and councillors in place who are not in it for themselves.

However, the chances of this are remote at best and will no doubt only happen when things come to a cataclysmic end in Argyll & Bute.

• Next set of overnight closures coming up for A82 at Pulpit Rock
    The A82 is also closed at the Stoneymollan Roundabout to Dumbarton stretch over the next few nights.
  • Crowds, cabers, clans, crafts and choir for Luss Highland Games
    Hopefully there will be some good weather and not too many midgies for the games.

If so, I shall be selling my car space to the highest bidder…

39 Responses to Do I detect some soor grapes there Islay? …

1. A new dawn – I just hope that the SNP group don’t ever forget that once upon a time they were in bed with Walsh & co, and resist any future temptations to make inappropriate pacts with unsuitable partners – or their past will come back to haunt them.

• The example of the Alliance should never be forgotten in terms of a descent into ‘anything goes’ that should never be replicated.
      The best guarantee is Roddy McCuish’s nature which has been steadfastly honest. The challenge for him will be to hang on to that in the face of anything – and that is bound at some point to bring its difficulties.
      We have all seen politicians who have become little more than holograms after selling off any semblance of integrity. It is hard – now – to imagine the straightforward Roddy McCuish committing or permitting any departure in that direction.
      We will be as much on watch with this administration as with any other. And, as we have said, the presence of the Argyll First group is both reassurance and canary.
      It is not the number of bodies in the coalition that matters, it is the substance of those bodies.

2. Crazy; Hope you’ve got your tin hat on for when the surfers and trolls start throwing their toys out of their cots!!
    Voters in Dunoon have a clear choice now, conflict or Coalition for Progress.

3. No fair!!
    There goes my hope of a SUPER School based in H’burgh which can accomodate 199000 children from sunday evening to friday afternoon.
    Mortons? are you reading this??

4. Hooray for the coalition and the honest-as-the-day-is-long postie McCuish. Looking round the virtual room containing them all I see so many people I trust. I can’t remember when we last had a council ruling group I could say that about! Now I am going to burn their ears off about protecting our amazing heritage and celebrating our astounding culture. Who will they get to lead that particular charge?

• you will not be alone Catherine… there was plenty of support for what we have in the landscape around us this weekend by the Scottish Place Names Society conference.
      Some of us may only be small voices but together we have the most vital message to shout about.

5. To quote Private Fraser,”We’re doomed”.

I predict that turnout in Cowal will be very low. The exercise will be largely pointless.

It certainly raises the question of whether in the case of the death of a candidate the whole council election should be postponed and not just the ward.

6. OK, wishlist time! Who do we want in the leadership roles?

Answers on a postcard

7. Friday evening I was feeling a bit deflated with the results. Come Monday and I am euphoric. Same results but a different outcome. I am so glad that Cllr Elaine Robertson has joined the Coalition (the good one that is!). She is held in great respect in North Argyll but her membership of the Alliance was straining relationships. Early signs that Roddy is going to make an excellent leader of the Council.

8. What a breath of fresh air we now have to get the good guys back in Cowal on Thursday and really give Dick Welsh the message closed door nepotism in our council is finished

9. Great news. Hope they put James Robb in charge of the Helensburgh and Lomond Area Committee.

Small point: Rosneath’s Robert McIntyre is not new to local politics. He represented Rosneath and Clynder on a previous local authority.

10. Good morning folks how about some predictions.
    Dick Walsh will pull out of the election on Thursday as he would rather do the garden now.
    Duncan MacIntyre will retire and buy a boat to tour the west coast looking for potential pontoon sites.
    By election in the North and with the backing of Lowry and JayC, Donald Melville will sail in with the help of his new kayak.
    Or will Easdale go for Independence and elect Duncan as El Presidentee? Who said life in Argyll was quiet, all we need now is Trump moving to Tiree to build a new golf course and Murdock to buy the Oban Times and we have the lot.
    Power to the People.

• Awww thanks for thinking of me but alas I’m in the wrong ward for my vote to count. Power to the people, well 93% of them anyway! Have a nice day.

11. I would not be so hasty. Mr Walsh has, in the past, shown himself to be a very shrewd operator. And it is not unheard of for people who did think they would go with one grouping to then change their minds.

So while this McCuish coalition looks *probable*, I would wait until after the Dunoon count before cracking open the bubbly.

12. For Neil MacIntyre and Mairi, there are some members of the Alliance who are “person non grata” and who would not be welcomed into the new coalition. Prior to Friday there were six. That has now reduced to four. It does not take a genious to work out who they are.

13. Hi DB, your “drunken lecture” and the advice from other community contacts on Friday and Saturday would have helped. I did spend some time on the phone late on Saturday night and standing on Peaton Hill on Sunday morning explaining the various options to Robert. I have no doubt that along with me, he has taken the best decision as far as his constituents are concerned. After all, it is our communities and our constituents who are the most important people.

14. Well, well – it looks like a new administration in Kilmory. The best of luck to them – given the challenges the area faces – they’ll certainly need it.

15. I hope the new coalition brings the new approach that Kilmory needs and the correct persons are given the jobs that will turn round Argyll and Bute and help people who elected this new grouping