Comment posted Argyll and Bute Council: the empire strikes back with Argyll facing worst of all options by David Graham.
The casting vote in the event of a tie, may go to the individual who appears to pull all the strings in Argyll and Bute…..
Our local MSP!
David Graham also commented
- George Who of the Councillors in the list above are the 9 Senior Councillors?
- Will be interesting to see who are the 9 Senior Councillors?
- Oh well looks like cut of the cards…….tomorrow.
- Hamish There is amajor difference with North Ayrshire in that the 4 Tory Councillors in Argyll and Bute would be on opposite of the Council.
Imagine if the 13 SNP councillors were split 9-4 as four wanted to serve their local area in Bute and Cowal! There would be expulsions either the 9 or the 4.
Standing before the voters on a Party ticket requires discipline based on the manifesto of the local party.
- Have the Tories reined in their 4th Councillor and the other two Independents followed suit?
Could not have Tories on the Administration AND Opposition…same goes for Argyll First.
Recent comments by David Graham
- Too green to stand – no General Election candidate for Argyll and Bute
I think the Green candidate in 2010 was Elaine Morrison.
- BBC ALBA profiles Brian Wilson
A honourable Dunoon lad with a great record of service for the Labour Party, Scotland and the Gaelic language.
Pity about his choice of football team! Wee comradly joke!
- Russell gazumps new First Minister’s Cabinet reshuffle announcement
MR will follow his leader and stand for Westminster next May as well!
- Labour selects candidate to fight South Kintyre council by-election
When inviduals from a political party or no political party put their name forward to the voters, they do so weighing up their personal circumstances
The condition of putting yourself forward is that you live in Argyll and Bute.
John, your wiews on the candidates who live out with the ward boundaries were not expressed on this forum when the recently elected SNP Councillor stood as a candidate in both the Oban South and Oban North 4 member wards.
Take it the new Councillor did not live in both Wards?
A bit blinkered and unkind on the non SNP candidates who have put themselves forward for election.
Perhaps you may be wishing you had stood down for your own personsl reasons….and kept your biased views to yourself!
- BBC indy debate: incoherent uncontrolled unedifying bear pit
What a waste of 90 minutes. Ill tempered clash.
Talking over each other. Not a debate. Poorly Chaired.
powered by SEO Super Comments