Comment posted Argyll First endorse Michael Breslin in Dunoon vote by David Graham.
Thanks Sandy. Clear and precise.
Robert… when posting I put SNP Govt or Coalition Govt as sometimes individuals can be unclear which Govt is being written about.
Sometimes I put Tory/Lib Govt.
David Graham also commented
- Could only happen in Argyll and Bute politics where Tory councillor is in the Administration with 3 Tories in the Opposition???
- I think the funding was under the New Schools for the Future grants.
The grants from the SNP government were made on the basis, again I think, of 60% SNP Govt-40% Council.
Bids had to be made (some time ago) to the SNP Govt and the decisions on who got a grant and how much was made by the SNP Govt.
Do not believe the grant was part of ring-fenced..non domestice rates….or the general revenue grant.
Likely there were strings attached to each award from the SNP Government.
Who decided them or what the conditions were are the questions that need answered!
- Patsy… Mr Breslin’s impact came from Mr Russell conducting himself in an inappropriate manner.
At the same husting when Mr Breslin made his announcement the Council Leader Dick Walsh said he had not been informed that the Council could use the SNP Government funding in other ways.
SNP Mr Russell tells SNP Mr Breslin and keeps the Council Leader in the dark.
If this the way the SNP operates then things for the people of Argyll and Bute may not be as rosy as first seems with an SNP led Council.
Mr Russell’s quote “that the Council could still receive support for a new primary school of its choice” is unclear. Does Mr Russell mean one new school,three refurbished primary schools or whatever.
Remember the SNP’s promise on the Ferries!
Recent comments by David Graham
- Where are the SNP minders in white coats?
And a certain book up north!!!
- Rothesay ferry: CMAL postpones closure of pier at Wemyss Bay
Might be the project delay from March to September has something to do with a General Election on May 7!
Do not want ot upset the voters on Bute.
- Too green to stand – no General Election candidate for Argyll and Bute
I think the Green candidate in 2010 was Elaine Morrison.
- BBC ALBA profiles Brian Wilson
A honourable Dunoon lad with a great record of service for the Labour Party, Scotland and the Gaelic language.
Pity about his choice of football team! Wee comradly joke!
- Russell gazumps new First Minister’s Cabinet reshuffle announcement
MR will follow his leader and stand for Westminster next May as well!
powered by SEO Super Comments