Comment posted Argyll First endorse Michael Breslin in Dunoon vote by Islay for ever.
Robert , members of the SNP are in it for one reason – they want to break up the United Kingdom .
Potholes and dog’s dirt , nuclear submarines and RAF bases etc etc are only issues to be used to attain a separate Scotland .
Islay for ever also commented
- Trying to justify your putting the SNP in power Councilor Freeman ? The fact is any grouping of Councillors could have formed a coalition . My complaint is that Donald Kelly , who stood as a Conservative and Unionist candidate has chosen to put the SNP in control , and urged electors in Dunoon to vote SNP . Take a look at what has happened in Aberdeenshire council as an example of a better outcome from a Unionist perspective .
- I don’t know how you can seriously suggest Donald Kelly was “upfront” . Many of those who voted for Councillor Kelly did so because he was the Conservative and Unionist Candidate . The last thing Conservative and Unionist voters expect is for their candidate to cut deals with the separatist SNP , especially 2 years before a referendum on the future of the 305 year old union , and when there exists an (increasing in number) Conservative and Unionist group within Argyll & Bute Council .
Councillor Kelly would do well to remember that no individual is bigger than the party , presumably he was afraid to stand without the Conservative and Unionist ticket. I am willing to wager that if Donald Kelly has to face a Conservative and Unionist candidate at the next election , his vote will reduce significantly , perhaps to an extent where he fails to be elected .
The SNP have 13 councillors in Argyll and Bute , the opposition have 23 . For Donald Kelly to align himself with the one third of Councillors who are in politics to break up the United Kingdom and for him to urge voters in Dunoon to support the SNP candidate , suggests to me that he sees the Conservative and Unionist badge as merely one of convenience and he should be forced to choose , Money First or the Conservative Group .
- News that Conservative and Unionist Councillor Donald Kelly is endorsing a SNP candidate , having earlier in the week propelled the SNP into administration in Argyll and Bute will result in his long overdue expulsion from the Party .
Recent comments by Islay for ever
- Argyll and Bute Council Coalition Cup 2013: runners and riders
Has jockey Donald Kelly given up trying to ride two horses at once ?
Elected as a Conservative & Unionist he prefers now to be known as Argyll First .
- First Minister’s choice not to condemn mob behaviour proves Farage point
The issue is not whether people like Nigel Farage , the issue is whether we live in a country where we have free speech .
Clearly , there are people in Scotland , in this case left wingers who support separation who believe their opponents should be silenced by violence if necessary .
Worrying and disgusting as that fact is , the most disturbing aspect of this episode has been the response from what could be called the establishment in Scotland .
The First Minister , other MSPs including all the SNP MSPS ,Green MSP Patrick Harvie , BBC Scotland , Scottish Socialists and too many others have failed completely to defend the right of an individual to free speech against the threats of a mob . Indeed , some have clearly relished the fact that an Englishman got roughed up in broad daylight in one of Scotland’s main public spaces .
Sadly we are all the losers . Many like our friend above will now see Scotland as a place to avoid , as an inward looking anti English intolerant land .
Representatives and supporters of the Conservative Party in Scotland have long had to suffer personal abuse , threats and intimidation from these sorts of people and now it appears as if the terror has spread from attacks in cyberspace and on the Conservative Party to anyone who dares to challenge the Tommy Sheridan view of how Scotland should be .
Perhaps we should not be surprised when we have a so called Justice Minister who openly flouted the law over the Community Charge . When Ministers start choosing which laws to obey then the future for our country is bleak and a wave of emigration the likely outcome if they were ever to achieve their ambition of a one party state .
- Council latest: meaning well is not enough
Who can forget all the talk of the “progressives” gaining control of Argyll & Bute after the last local elections .
It appears to me , rather than progress the area is going backwards at speed .
- Finally, SNP Government delivers a passenger ferry capable of seeing off Western Ferries
I’m surprised Michael Russell MSP hasn’t issued a press release warmly welcoming this news and heaping praise on the Dear Leader Alex Salmond for giving us a taste of what life could be like if all opposition was wiped out .
Still nothing to say Michael Russell MSP about the cuts in bed numbers at Campbeltown Hospital from 32 to 21 ??
- Andy Hemmings on Campbeltown methadone clinic
People have to travel from Kintyre all the way to Vale of Leven every few days for kidney dialysis .
It would suit the SNP administration better to provide dialysis in Lochgilphead rather than prioritising scarce resources on addicts , many of whom have no connection with Campbeltown at all other than having been dumped in the town .
powered by SEO Super Comments