Comment posted School Meals saga: Council distorts facts and blocks Martha’s blog by Robert Wakeham.
Something else for the New Order to look into, if promises were made but never honoured.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- But ‘Government and European imposed procurement restrictions’ – just what are you referring to, JayC?
- Maybe too much choice? – and the wasteage must surely bump up the cost.
- In some cultures the only form of response to criticism and protest is to attack. Reminds me slightly of Bashar al-Assad in Syria, but then he thinks the country and its people are there for his benefit, rather than the other way around.
- Looking at the ‘damage limitation measures’ taken by the council I just wonder if they’ve seeped out of a bastion of the old order within the senior management? Any attempt to impose the rule of omerta looks like it could backfire very badly indeed, and the sooner whoever’s responsible realises that southern Italian practices are no longer acceptable – or resigns to spend more time with their family – the better. Otherwise they might just be digging their own grave.
- ‘Argyll and Bute Council’ – yes, but which one, the old contemptibles or the new order? – I wonder if the latter are aware of the ‘one party state’ trick of blocking Martha’s blog, or was this a ‘delegated decision’?. Wait till the Daily Mail etc get to hear of that.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- McGrigor targets nuclear fusion in call for Scotland to meet emissions targets
Atmf – Surely exactly the same questions can be asked of the way that the Scottish government seems to be ‘betting the world’s climate’ to a large extent on wind power, when the holy grail of developing a viable complementary energy storage technology is seemingly lagging far behind the development of the wind farms themselves. Can the engineering challenges be overcome, and if so how long will it take and how much will it cost?
- Scottish Government invests in future of Ferguson’s shiyard
MM – ‘…the crew….for the Isle of Lewis immediately realised she would be an expensive disaster….’
Could you explain what, exactly, were the issues that they identified?
- Argyll and Bute Council administration’s gagging clause
It’s when the ‘internal rules’ act against the public interest, Simon, just like the concept of ‘respect’ in an urban criminal gang, or of ‘honour’ amongst mafiosi..
- Councillor Breslin removed from administration by unconstitutional Leaders’ protocol?
TTT – word on the street is that there is indeed a relationship between Walsh and Hendry, but not as you describe.
- Situation analysis 2: Scotland now – the counter attack
To paraphrase Lady Thatcher, YouGov if you want – but I’ll wait & see.
powered by SEO Super Comments