Comment posted Council Leader, Councillors, CEO, Senior Officers: working relationships by Crazy She-Bat.
Simon, c’mon be fair. This is not all of a sudden, I’ve been pleading for them to be sacked for over a year.
I am nothing if not consistent.
Crazy She-Bat also commented
- Long time no comment Ourman. Hope you are well, hows Norway?
You’ll also notice as yet there has been no reply to my questions.
Now even though Simon may be in Tiree “hanging ten”, I also know for a fact there is internet out there as my cousin is never off Facebook.
Perhaps Simon is about to vanish again. Shame, I was enjoying the debate.
- Like that one Robert – the Argyll Worst Group
- So what are you saying Simon? That it is a case of only following orders? Is that what has been going on all this time? If so, then who’s exactly? You are hinting at the former administration. Is that a case of you “understand” or “hear” that it was them? Or are you willing to come right out and say it? According to you Newsie is always doing it, are you going to be a hypocrite with your own comments?
And karma? Let’s not forget, I would not be on here having a rant without Cleland Sneddon having rattled my cage. If he’d done a good, fair job and followed the law, I would have nothing to complain about and there would probably not be a Luss Primary School anymore.
My first comment was made partly in jest, I thought that would be obvious. My second was to clarify my true position on this.
Investigate practices so far.
Find evidence (which I am sure there will be – including interviewing the 2 Media staff that got suspended – does anyone actually know what the joke was? I’d love to know).
Then sack Loudon if it is appropriate.
Walker – there are clear issues in Education. Her staff hate her. She has 2 levels of completely unnecessary management that are seemingly ineffective because reports are coming into ARSN of massive management issues in the Secondary Schools of Argyll.
But again, proceedure applies. Investigate, find evidence and then a wee look at her contract and see what we can do.
I think you are being a wee bitty optimistic that all these officers who have displayed arrogance and incompetence on such huge levels can have complete personality transplants.
That would be as realistic as you and I going to the pub together.
My conscience is always clear. I’m a good girl.
Most of the time
- Well said Scruff. Its called Karma Simon, what goes around comes around and we are doing nothing to them that they haven’t ALREADY done to us.
Un-evidenced claims? Isn’t that what Snedders based 2 rounds of school closures on?
However, I am in full agreement. This should be done by the book. Assess performance, identify the areas where performance needs to be improved (God that is a long list for some) and if standards fail to rise – you are the weakest link goodbye!
I never said march in there and P45 them on the spot. A full and proper investigation must be done first into activities to date. Depending on how bad the evidence is that comes back and I am sure there will be some, then appropriate action against the officers concerned must be taken.
We should not lower ourselves to their often illegal and sub-standard actions.
Yes, I am a former council employee, going back as far as the Strathclyde days and the behaviour I have seen with my own eyes from Officers has been disgusting and extremely unprofessional and would not be permitted by most other councils to happen. But then in most other Councils, Officers have some respect for the Councillors they serve.
There are more than just the Officers working at the council though Simon and we know from speaking to people behind the scenes that working for these Officers is a nightmare for many good, decent and hard-working staff.
These Officers need to change their tune or go. Simples.
Have a nice day I know I will
- So what’s the alternative? Are we willing to accept the standard excuse “Ve vere only obeying ordahs”?
Don’t think so, having seen this lot in action too many times now to know, having seen them publically lecture councillors even on the Alliance of Nitwits.
Things have to change – or is it alright with everyone that we keep on these officers and continue to allow them to waste what’s in the Council’s bank account?
Recent comments by Crazy She-Bat
- First Minister’s revelatory refusal to pay Scotland’s share of upkeep of Head of State
Additional verses near the bottom Lundavra
- Welcome to Argyll’s Loch Litter-side and to Loch Litter and the Tossers National Park
Don’t be blaming the kids. I can assure you that in the nearest school, the children do litter patrols around their school everyday and get quite annoyed at the rubbish thrown in the school by passing tourists and lager louts.
There is no reason that bins cannot be placed in these lay-bys and added to the council’s bin collection for the park – its done virtually everyday in Luss, so a couple more will only add a few minutes to the schedule.
- Jaw-dropping background to Gordon Brown’s intervention in saving the Union – Labour now on notice in Argyll & Bute
I’m quite sure the £325,000 Gordon Brown got for 2 days of speeches made it bearable for him too.
- Salmond departure only hope for healing in Scotland – successor cannot be Sturgeon
Wee torpedo in your predictions Karl – membership of the SNP has risen by 5000 in the last 48 hours. Seems like the result has only made it stronger.
- Indy: For Argyll live online to the result – with Gordon Harmer from Shetland
Danny Alexander saying about the animosity he has experienced during the campaign. I think that was animosity to you, not Better Together.
powered by SEO Super Comments