Comment posted Was no Scottiish University capable of doing the mathematical model on the impact of minimum pricing of alcohol? by Crazy She-Bat.
Thank you Alison. I am afraid having spent most of my life in proverty-striken and deprived areas ie the Land of Neds, I have cynicism deeply rooted in my bones.
However, in this case, I wasn’t really aiming to cynically dismiss the government’s attempt to curb the after-effects of drink – I was just stating the facts as I see them. Knowing lots of people who this whole exercise is aimed at and knowing it will not change a thing for them.
Except of course, some might decide to switch to drugs when they realise that drugs are cheaper than booze.
Crazy She-Bat also commented
- I think its a moot point anyway. The whole exercise is useless. The people they want to target with minimum pricing, will not stop drinking – they will just do without other things.
Everyday people who don’t abuse alchohol will be the ones that stop buying the odd bottle of wine etc now and the industry will be the true bearer of the costs.
Recent comments by Crazy She-Bat
- First Minister’s revelatory refusal to pay Scotland’s share of upkeep of Head of State
Additional verses near the bottom Lundavra
- Welcome to Argyll’s Loch Litter-side and to Loch Litter and the Tossers National Park
Don’t be blaming the kids. I can assure you that in the nearest school, the children do litter patrols around their school everyday and get quite annoyed at the rubbish thrown in the school by passing tourists and lager louts.
There is no reason that bins cannot be placed in these lay-bys and added to the council’s bin collection for the park – its done virtually everyday in Luss, so a couple more will only add a few minutes to the schedule.
- Jaw-dropping background to Gordon Brown’s intervention in saving the Union – Labour now on notice in Argyll & Bute
I’m quite sure the £325,000 Gordon Brown got for 2 days of speeches made it bearable for him too.
- Salmond departure only hope for healing in Scotland – successor cannot be Sturgeon
Wee torpedo in your predictions Karl – membership of the SNP has risen by 5000 in the last 48 hours. Seems like the result has only made it stronger.
- Indy: For Argyll live online to the result – with Gordon Harmer from Shetland
Danny Alexander saying about the animosity he has experienced during the campaign. I think that was animosity to you, not Better Together.
powered by SEO Super Comments