According to the Minutes of a recent Mull Community Council meeting at which a representative of SPR gave information on the possible route of the transmission lines, the ones they are looking at are the sea route south of Mull to just north of Oban and the route through Loch Na Keal to Salen, down to somewhere near Craignure and then over to Oban and down the road to Dalmally.
Jade also commented
- According to the SPR, the land route from Loch na Keal would be put underground; same for following the road down to “somewhere near” Craignure. The same will apply for the stretch on the mainland to Dalmally – it’ll be road hell on and off for two years!
The Tiree Array will also be visible from the road running down from Reudle; that amazing view of Beinn More, Gribun cliffs over the Ross to Iona and the Treshnish.
Recent comments by Jade
- Local IT businesses pitch ‘Argyll can do it’ to local SMP and MP
Karl, latest info I have from BT (as a result of a year long row over broadband that’s regularly around 0.5Mbps) is that Tiree will get it before those parts of Mull that can get broadband via BT lines and you should have it next winter – we have to wait till autumn 2016! However, as with all things BT, don’t hold your breath!
- Now for 50 maiden speeches from SNP MPs
I would also like to get back to the many Argyll issues, amongst which is the following: http://www.express.co.uk/scotland/576357/Beach-on-Hebridean-island-vandalised-by-wind-turbine-firm
- Transport Minister visits reopened A82 section at Pulpit Rock
Integrity, don’t know about all tourists but many of those on caravan, motorhomes and camping forums detest the section from Tarbet to Ardlui. Not one in all years I’ve been on such forums has moaned about the temporary traffic lights – it’s all the tight bends and lousy road surface.
- Davidson congratulates Conservative local hero on appointment as Secretary of State for Scotland
Friends who live in Mundell’s constituency and who definitely aren’t Tories say that he is a very good constituency MP so there’s a fair chance he will stand up for Scots in Westminster.
What’s the point in writing someone off because he’s supports a political party other than the one you voted for when you don’t know the guy?
- Election night at For Argyll: LIVE
Well we never got anything from O’Hara or the SNP and we’re not members of any political party! So how would I know whether he’ll deliver if his supporters can’t give any information? Sad, really.Had plenty from the other parties standing.
powered by SEO Super Comments