Comment posted Council Elections: The count by Jade.
Karl, Tiree’s covered by Ward 4 so your best bets are MJD and Alastair MacDougall from Mull. Know MJD spent quite a lot of time over on Tiree last couple of years hearing views.
Jade also commented
- I’m gutted for Gordon, too. I’ve always found him very helpful and he’s done a lot in a quiet way. Alastair was a councillor previously and it’s good to have two island members again this time.
Recent comments by Jade
- SNP to Chair Scottish Affairs and Energy and Climate Change Select Committees
Having had to give evidence to two Commons Select Committees in the past, if the subject of transmission charges comes up, well and good and the National Grid will have a very hard time. Unlike a Court, the individual giving evidence does not have a legal eagle by their side and it’s a very in-depth and gruelling experience. However, given the desires of the SNP to carpet our country with wind turbines and make us pay large subsidies to a few, as well as seeing some of our most beautiful landscapes destroyed, I think they may find themselves in a difficult position should that subject come up!
- Local IT businesses pitch ‘Argyll can do it’ to local SMP and MP
Karl, latest info I have from BT (as a result of a year long row over broadband that’s regularly around 0.5Mbps) is that Tiree will get it before those parts of Mull that can get broadband via BT lines and you should have it next winter – we have to wait till autumn 2016! However, as with all things BT, don’t hold your breath!
- Now for 50 maiden speeches from SNP MPs
I would also like to get back to the many Argyll issues, amongst which is the following: http://www.express.co.uk/scotland/576357/Beach-on-Hebridean-island-vandalised-by-wind-turbine-firm
- Transport Minister visits reopened A82 section at Pulpit Rock
Integrity, don’t know about all tourists but many of those on caravan, motorhomes and camping forums detest the section from Tarbet to Ardlui. Not one in all years I’ve been on such forums has moaned about the temporary traffic lights – it’s all the tight bends and lousy road surface.
- Davidson congratulates Conservative local hero on appointment as Secretary of State for Scotland
Friends who live in Mundell’s constituency and who definitely aren’t Tories say that he is a very good constituency MP so there’s a fair chance he will stand up for Scots in Westminster.
What’s the point in writing someone off because he’s supports a political party other than the one you voted for when you don’t know the guy?
powered by SEO Super Comments