Comment posted Council Elections: The count by phill.
Thats democracy for you!
I think perhaps the mainly single issue campaign focus (George Berry) would not have helped in the eyes of the electorate. You are passionate and had you put a more comprehensive message out then i am sure you would have got in. I had predicted you would have got in, and am sure next time you will.I also feel with your local background you would have got elected in the more transparent ‘first past the post’, system which many hope will return.
Enjoy the cider.
phill also commented
- Must support Forargyll on this as I am not aware of anything at all being banned. Sometimes the debates are heated but are in the whole educational and an assist in many cases to forming opinions. Sometimes anger does filter through but on the norm its passionate and not personal (which really has no place here).
- Would Donald have got in with the less cloudy ‘first past the post’.
- I think its the language used gives a lot away’newsroom’. You are more effectiove when remaining impartial.
Recent comments by phill
- More concerns on SNP candidate selection for Oban Ward 4 by-election
How must Mhairi Malloy and Sean MacIntyre be feeling. I think that Sean in particular would have given Neil MacIntyre a close fight.
That said the snp have made their decsion and if Neil controls his obvious passion then i feel he is the person wo will make a good councillor.
- SNP choose one of the local party’s wrecker balls as Oban South and the Isles by-election candidate
In keeping with the Russell masterplan of having no SNP influence in ABC. The other cndidates would have walked it. It has certainly opened the door wide for local boy and community councilor Neil MacIntyre.
- Oban South and the Isles to ready for by-election as Councillor Hall stands down
Good luck Neil MacIntyre. I havent always shared your views 100%, but you are passionate, live in the ward, and are Oban through and through. You have given a lot to the community over many years and this will be a natural progression.
I have never voted Labour, but i think you will be known for your own ‘independent’ views rather than any party ticket.
- Shock attempt to scupper planned council funding for Argyll and the Isles Tourism Cooperative
Cllr Glen Lee is very astute at going round local organisations, including fetes, and churches, in an indirect way of getting the yes vote ‘up’.
Nice soul really but the voters should be aware.
- Fred Hall now a free man
Think Mike Russell
‘s jacket must be on a shooglier peg than any of the aforementioned councillors.
powered by SEO Super Comments