Comment posted Council Elections: The count by phill.
Thats democracy for you!
I think perhaps the mainly single issue campaign focus (George Berry) would not have helped in the eyes of the electorate. You are passionate and had you put a more comprehensive message out then i am sure you would have got in. I had predicted you would have got in, and am sure next time you will.I also feel with your local background you would have got elected in the more transparent ‘first past the post’, system which many hope will return.
Enjoy the cider.
phill also commented
- Must support Forargyll on this as I am not aware of anything at all being banned. Sometimes the debates are heated but are in the whole educational and an assist in many cases to forming opinions. Sometimes anger does filter through but on the norm its passionate and not personal (which really has no place here).
- Would Donald have got in with the less cloudy ‘first past the post’.
- I think its the language used gives a lot away’newsroom’. You are more effectiove when remaining impartial.
Recent comments by phill
- Astonishing infrastructural deficiency threatens Oban’s business development
Delaying tactics Derek.Just another go at the Council who have bent over backwards for the MacLeods.
- Area Committee ‘Evening Surgery’ for Oban and Lorn
- Sturgeon hammers nail in coffin of SNP hopes of coalition at Westmister
Spot on Intgrity
- Council Planning Committee meeting on 21st January promises to be lively – as 2 MSPs call for postponement
Typical Russell, trying the same old tactics, which have seen him marginalised by party and electorate.
Good response by Cllr Freeman.
- Rally marks end of attempted community buy out of Castle Toward
Well said, this should not be discussed here. Very personal.
powered by SEO Super Comments