Comment posted Council cannot say HOW they decide on media accreditation by Robert Wakeham.
Michael – don’t you think that obstructing access to council meetings just encourages suspicions that there’s skulduggery at work? Surely the more access to council deliberations, the less room for assumptions and suspicions. My impression is that we’ve had years of cosy limited-access deliberations that wouldn’t have borne close scrutiny when it’s a question of open and fair administration. Behaviour hardly likely to protect council staff from criticism and innuendo, justified or not.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- Just read my letter in the OT, Simon, and you’re lucky – it’s been ‘condensed’. Something that happens rarely, if at all, to comments in FA. If you want to see my letter in all its glory, Simon, the unexpurgated version is available in today’s Squeak – and will presumably afford you even greater cause to demonstrate your outrage. Enjoy.
- That’s the old Simon.
- I’m sorry, I don’t prepare scripts and I haven’t read the Oban Times. ‘Absolutely everything’? – not by a long chalk.
- And presuming FA does receive media accreditation – you have your script prepared, Simon?
- I’m surprised you grace us with your presence.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Oban South and the Isles to ready for by-election as Councillor Hall stands down
Doesn’t this underline the problem of conflict of interest that can arise from local councillors standing on a national political party ticket?
- A83 closed both ways at Rest and Be Thankful
Yesterday the Glasgow Herald announced that plans were being drawn up to plant 250,000 trees above the road to help stabilise the hillside and reduce the incidence of washouts.
- BEAR Scotland update on A83 road accident on 28th February
The answer would be one of their electronic information displays, at the Dalmally junction.
If they can provide one at Lochgilphead, surely they could do the same at Dalmally.
- McGrigor raises a glass to the new Harris distillery
Or is Longshanks ‘slightly bitter’ by nature, to put it politely.
- Testing A83 Emergency Diversion – passed with distinction
Sounds like a problem within the police service.
powered by SEO Super Comments