Comment posted Council cannot say HOW they decide on media accreditation by Robert Wakeham.
Michael – don’t you think that obstructing access to council meetings just encourages suspicions that there’s skulduggery at work? Surely the more access to council deliberations, the less room for assumptions and suspicions. My impression is that we’ve had years of cosy limited-access deliberations that wouldn’t have borne close scrutiny when it’s a question of open and fair administration. Behaviour hardly likely to protect council staff from criticism and innuendo, justified or not.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- Just read my letter in the OT, Simon, and you’re lucky – it’s been ‘condensed’. Something that happens rarely, if at all, to comments in FA. If you want to see my letter in all its glory, Simon, the unexpurgated version is available in today’s Squeak – and will presumably afford you even greater cause to demonstrate your outrage. Enjoy.
- That’s the old Simon.
- I’m sorry, I don’t prepare scripts and I haven’t read the Oban Times. ‘Absolutely everything’? – not by a long chalk.
- And presuming FA does receive media accreditation – you have your script prepared, Simon?
- I’m surprised you grace us with your presence.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- SNP MP backs call for CalMac to put MV Coruisk back on Mallaig-Armadale service – and is to go direct to the Transport Minister
So, if I understand you correctly, different Calmac ships require different, mutually incompatible, linkspans.
A polite response is ‘Oh dear’ but there are far less polite reactions that would surely be in order.
- ForArgyll on Pause
It’s Buckfast, not buck fast – and is named after a Benedictine abbey (also known locally in South Devon as ‘Fast Buck Abbey’).
- New Transport Minister humiliates CalMac MD
If a second ship was added to the Craignure route because the Isle of Mull couldn’t cope with the traffic, it’ll be interesting to see what happens when she’s on her own again.
- ForArgyll on Pause
Salem? Really? – Would that be Salem near Llandeilo or Salem near Aberystwyth? – are you sure they’re not moving on to Mull just to get away from you?
- With Heb Isles in for repairs, CalMac charters replacement vessel to reduce underprovision for Islay
For Nigel MacLeod: given the current ‘pause’ in this website’s customary wide coverage, the way in which the discussion under this particular topic has spread to cover all things Calmac is surely not in the slightest bit surprising – and if particular issues arise concerning Islay service provision I’m sure that people will be keen to add their comments.
For myself, I’d be really interested to hear the reasons for the recent ‘crash landing’ at Lochmaddy, and to see whether lessons can be learnt, given that there was what appears to have been a similar incident at Kennacraig not that long ago and it’s surely reasonable to assume that lessons were learnt then.
powered by SEO Super Comments