Comment posted Misleading instructions to voters: is Duncan Macintyre trawling for 4th preference votes? by Peter.
If Duncan MacIntyre’s email address is www.argyll-bute.gov.uk, as it says on his leaflet, then why are Argyll and Bute giving out false and misleading voting information?
Peter also commented
- Then again, don’t bother. I contacted them re the above-mentioned MacIntyre claim and was told that they ‘do not regulate their [candidates’] campaign material’.
So basically, as far as the Electoral Commision is concerned, you can say what you want on yer campaign bumf.
- You can contact the Electoral Commission at
Recent comments by Peter
- Pilots concerned on wind farm generated air turbulence
- McGrigor outraged as Ferries Review consultancy fees reach £440,600
Politics aside, the use of a consultant should be seen as an admission that someone feels that they are incapable of doing the job that they are paid for. Quite apart from the fact that consultants are conmen that hum and ha for months, charge you a ridiculous fee, and then tell you that you need to cut your costs by 30%.
- McCuish announces details of ‘team fit to build recovery in Argyll and Bute’
- Council Leader, Councillors, CEO, Senior Officers: working relationships
I really hope that Duncan MacIntyre is called to explain his misleading campaign literature. He should NOT have been allowed to get away with giving misleading and false voting advice on his pamphlet. And, as he only scraped in by eleven votes, it makes you wonder if that misleading advice didn’t account for him getting re-elected.
- Major environmental groups seriously compromised by wind developers’ cash
Was having some trouble with Klingons. Must’ve been something I ate.
powered by SEO Super Comments