Yes we have the beacon trust were amazing.They …

Comment posted Lomond North case highlights need for urgent reform of council social services by susie will.

susie will also commented

• Yes ,I feel that this should have been in some way ,the concern of the local GP,s. Even just in an advisory way.
  • Just to clarify things, The dog was humanely put down after the police and fire brigade had been alerted to the old man having spent 2 days lying behind his mattress on the floor for 2 days.This is why he was hospitalised, I was in Glasgow that day and knew nothing about it until the next day. This is what I had been trying to avoid. He has come to terms with the dogs demise now and hopes to one day be able to get another..that is to be decided. He has cognitive issues and as an educated intelligent man rightly is getting bored and boredom means alcohol. He has been fantastic so far,but lapsed yesterday by going to to the village alone and buying some alcohol. He was so mortified at being found out on his return that he told his carers to throw it out before I found out. Bless him!! I told him to leave it in the top cupboard where he knew it was,and to make it last 6 months,that I was not his motherand that he had rights and I could not bully him into doing what he didnt want to do…he interjected with “yes you can” I told him that if he declined back into spending all his money on alcohol that I didnt think I could cope and that I really didnt want that to happen,and he looked sad and said that he had been tempted and that he regretted it and was sorry .Break your heart!! He is coming to our choir concert on Saturday night..this may be interesting,but I think he will enjoy it. The social worker concerned Mr Comrie has helped throughout and no female social worker has been involved.When school goes back he can go to the lunch club for some social interaction, its just that I cannot keep this up. I have a neglected family and an even more neglected house. This election thing is very time consuming.

Recent comments by susie will

14 Responses to Yes we have the beacon trust were amazing.They …

1. Truly horrifying story. Full credit to that couple who are probably the only reason this old man is still alive.

And the fact that this falls under the seriously inept and incapable Cleland Sneddon is no surprise.

Have the couple tried contacting the Beacon Trust in Helensburgh about supplying the man with a cooker, washing machine etc? They will be second hand, but perfectly usable. There’s also a DEBRA store opened up in James Street (right beside ACHA ironically) which has some second hand washing machines, dryers, fridges etc. They might also be able to help.

Speaking as an ACHA tenant, I am not at all shocked at the lack of response from them. We’ve been waiting on repairs for over a year sometimes. They are truly pitiful, however in this case, this old gentleman should be getting priority over everyone else.

Disgusting catalogue of errors and avoidance of responsibility.

• yes we have the beacon trust were amazing.They have refurnished his house for absolutely no recompense and were very helpful ,the drivers were volunteers and absolutely fantastic. I know where all my old tat will be going from now on. They really make a difference in an emergency.

2. It is a horrific story and one which I am aware of as I know the couple who came to the assistance of the man. As no names are mentioned in the article I will obviously refrain from doing so.

This sort of selfless community spirit is exactly what we need representing the villages on the Peninsula (and the wider communities in Lomond North) and I hope that, along with George Freeman, she is returned on May 3rd as a councillor.

• Indeed. These are voices – both with demonstrated integrity, one familiar and experienced, one new and passionate – that require, for all our sakes, to be heard at Kilmory.

• I completely agree. The lady concerned has already proven herself a valuable asset to the community and has proven yet again that she is prepared to roll up her sleeves and do what is necessary. She is not the publicity seeking egotist type that we have become used seeing parade as candidates but an inspiring woman with real integrity. I share Integrity’s hope she and George Freeman get elected,

• Which can be achieved by making sure we get the people in Rosneath, Kilcreggan, Garelochhead, Luss, Arrochar and Rhu voting for George and her on May 3rd.

George has been the only trustworthy voice for Lomond North for far too long. It is time we added another, and one that is happy to work with George rather than against him.

3. This just reduced me to tears. If an owner did this to a dog they’d be quite rightly prosecuted.
    The couple who have taken him under their wing deserve our wholehearted applause for their compassion and humanity. I wish the lady well in her efforts to get elected. She has already proved that she tackles problems head on and that’s just what’s needed.

4. I keep saying the money suit managers know fine well they are operating community neglect not community care.The buck should squarely end up at their door as their attitude is deplorable,if not criminal neglect..

5. Just to clarify things, The dog was humanely put down after the police and fire brigade had been alerted to the old man having spent 2 days lying behind his mattress on the floor for 2 days.This is why he was hospitalised, I was in Glasgow that day and knew nothing about it until the next day. This is what I had been trying to avoid. He has come to terms with the dogs demise now and hopes to one day be able to get another..that is to be decided. He has cognitive issues and as an educated intelligent man rightly is getting bored and boredom means alcohol. He has been fantastic so far,but lapsed yesterday by going to to the village alone and buying some alcohol. He was so mortified at being found out on his return that he told his carers to throw it out before I found out. Bless him!! I told him to leave it in the top cupboard where he knew it was,and to make it last 6 months,that I was not his motherand that he had rights and I could not bully him into doing what he didnt want to do…he interjected with “yes you can” I told him that if he declined back into spending all his money on alcohol that I didnt think I could cope and that I really didnt want that to happen,and he looked sad and said that he had been tempted and that he regretted it and was sorry .Break your heart!! He is coming to our choir concert on Saturday night..this may be interesting,but I think he will enjoy it. The social worker concerned Mr Comrie has helped throughout and no female social worker has been involved.When school goes back he can go to the lunch club for some social interaction, its just that I cannot keep this up. I have a neglected family and an even more neglected house. This election thing is very time consuming.

6. This case is extremely sad. However, some time ago I found myself in similar circumstances and found that the GP took a lead role in sorting out the problems. It is very disappointing to learn that the same didn’t happen in this case.

Please look after yourself Anon.