Comment posted Misleading instructions to voters: is Duncan Macintyre trawling for 4th preference votes? by phill.
Would think Roddy and co will have far more relevant issues to deal with.
phill also commented
- That will be a surpridse that you can not respond to a request that you are happy to put to others.
Cmn Ken, what are you scared off.
- Ive predicted as you asked ken, now how about you.
I was stating that voters want to identify with one councillor in a smaller more personal ward, (irrespective of affiliation). Michael Nobles case you specify was 50 years ago, and things have changed considerably for the better, particularly the modest salary and expenses paid that allow people from all walks to put themselves forward. this is true democracy.
However, i would think in south oban ward the 4 would be, R McCuish, S Macintyre, N Macintrye, and F Hall.
In the other ward E Robertson, L Glen-lee, D Macintyre, R Rutherford.
delighted to set the ball rolling Ken
Now would you like to predict who will get in?
- Wow! Thats what youre up against here Neil- 4 thumbs down for dare critcise a turncoat. I like ‘forargyll’ but is not a representative cross section of opinion, and to be fair doesnt pretend to be. Good luck to you.
- That is certainly an alternative view Ken from what i beliieve most voters want. One member per ‘smaller’ ward .
Recent comments by phill
- More concerns on SNP candidate selection for Oban Ward 4 by-election
How must Mhairi Malloy and Sean MacIntyre be feeling. I think that Sean in particular would have given Neil MacIntyre a close fight.
That said the snp have made their decsion and if Neil controls his obvious passion then i feel he is the person wo will make a good councillor.
- SNP choose one of the local party’s wrecker balls as Oban South and the Isles by-election candidate
In keeping with the Russell masterplan of having no SNP influence in ABC. The other cndidates would have walked it. It has certainly opened the door wide for local boy and community councilor Neil MacIntyre.
- Oban South and the Isles to ready for by-election as Councillor Hall stands down
Good luck Neil MacIntyre. I havent always shared your views 100%, but you are passionate, live in the ward, and are Oban through and through. You have given a lot to the community over many years and this will be a natural progression.
I have never voted Labour, but i think you will be known for your own ‘independent’ views rather than any party ticket.
- Shock attempt to scupper planned council funding for Argyll and the Isles Tourism Cooperative
Cllr Glen Lee is very astute at going round local organisations, including fetes, and churches, in an indirect way of getting the yes vote ‘up’.
Nice soul really but the voters should be aware.
- Fred Hall now a free man
Think Mike Russell
‘s jacket must be on a shooglier peg than any of the aforementioned councillors.
powered by SEO Super Comments