Comment posted Ewan Kennedy on the Single Transferable Vote by phill.
Its a b###dy mess. Far too complicated for an important event like local(binding) elections. In this case Donald Melville surely suffered and just seems wrong, and this would doubtless be replicated the length and bredth of the country.
Time to get back to individual councillors for each ward as more folk standing these days due to reasonable salary and expenses. For democracy to be seen to be done it must be understood, and currently its far from that.
I daresay no particular party suffered more than others but thats not to exonerate this daft system.
thanks for your explanation mind you Ewan.
Recent comments by phill
- Area Committee ‘Evening Surgery’ for Oban and Lorn
- Sturgeon hammers nail in coffin of SNP hopes of coalition at Westmister
Spot on Intgrity
- Council Planning Committee meeting on 21st January promises to be lively – as 2 MSPs call for postponement
Typical Russell, trying the same old tactics, which have seen him marginalised by party and electorate.
Good response by Cllr Freeman.
- Rally marks end of attempted community buy out of Castle Toward
Well said, this should not be discussed here. Very personal.
- Council refuses to release basic documents on its own planned development on Oban North PIer
And tell me would you say that to Cllr McCuish if you happened to meet him?
powered by SEO Super Comments