Comment posted 11th April: George Berry chairing hustings for Oban Wards 4 and 5 by Simon.
Neil, thanks for the invite but I believe me I have much better things to do with my time tonight.
I was interested in your comment “If you put yourself forward you have to be prepared to take the stick that comes with it” – perhaps you could share those words of wisdom with Anne Baird when you see her and get her to asnswer reasonable and simple questions.
Enjoy tonight – I know I shall.
Simon also commented
- Newspaper headline tomorrow!!
‘Council officials face new claims of corruption’
But just before you lot get your knicks in a twist – it’s about Edinburgh – a LibDem/SNP council.
- “did not see any presence from either the Oban Times or ObanFM and wonder at their ability to report on local news if they feel able to miss such an event.”
…they obviously had much more sense than you….;)
- Ken – get a grip “As George Berry had organised the event it was inevitable that he would use some of the chair’s time in indicating his slant but he did certainly overdo this” I said HOURS AND HOURS ago that this whole charade was a set-up.
Anyone with half a brain would not have been seen anywhere near this disaster/personal vendetta/diatribe.
What an embarrassment! Lowry gives us a blow by blow account and then another numpty invokes the Deity!!! “Let us pray the electorate get behind these good people.”
God defend me from ex-DJs with a chip on their shoulder,religious nuts and their snp friends!!
And as for Newsie’s comment about “uplifting news” is she back on the sauce again?????
- Well don’t know about you losers – but I had a real BALL tonight.
Ahem, I’d like to ask you ‘how were the crooked hustings?’ but frankly luvvies I don’t give a damm.
Oh what a night
- Ken – It’s really most uinfair of you to castigate Phil, Newsroom, Morag, Crazy and myself for choosing to remain anonymous on this article.
People are entitled to comment from the sidelines on here and if you don’t like well perhaps you should just go somewhere else for your daily dose from the snp luvvies rather than attack people for exercising their rights.
Have a nice day Ken – and do enjoy tonight.
Recent comments by Simon
- In a party for whom 84,000 members are not enough for candidate selection, will Hosie’s elevation curtail Salmond’s ambitions?
To get back to the topic – does this mean that people who have been expelled from the SNP, ie local councillors here in A&B, are able to stand again? And, with the support of the SNP?
- Stramash award underlines sense of company’s big investment decision
Well done Stramash and I hope this expansion works out for them. However, I surely cannot be the only one to find it rather strange that Newsie and FA have almost completely ignored the rural parliament meeting in Oban this week. Maybe she couldn’t get press accreditation here either.
- Anonymous £15k donation to Mull’s Ulva Ferry Community Housing project
Excellent news from an ambitious small community determined not to die. Their self-help bottom-up approach is in complete contrast to other threatened schools/communities that seem to do little other than whine, whinge and turn up on-demand to demonstrate outside Council meetings.
More cuts coming that’s for sure. http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/u/national-education-body-suggested.1415109075
ps If they do actually create a national education body that could immediately make the closing down of small, expensive, under-utilised schools much easier as national politician are less susceptible to local pressure.
- Planning permission for Ulva School Community Association Housing project
Well done Ulva for getting off their bahookies and doing something positive about rural depopulation. It’s just a pity that other communities with expensive rural schools and a declining population don’t do something similar.
- United Kingdom devolution: a dog’s dinner to herd cats
I had macaroni cheese for supper last night.
powered by SEO Super Comments