Comment posted 11th April: George Berry chairing hustings for Oban Wards 4 and 5 by phill.
One of the reasons councillors SNP and admin included didnt support the OBM pontoon was location which many of the electorate didnt agree with due to loss of a wonderful outlook free for us all. Hats off to Roddy etc on that one. He and others were merely representing their constituents.
phill also commented
- All is not well down Easdale island way and very difficult for voters to decipher whats is the truth.
- Maybe not at meeting but nevertheless location would feature in the public reasoning and i feel decision generally well accepted by many on the street. Nice to see locals of all persuasions standing together on this. hats off to Duncan Macintyre and Roddy McCuish on that one. Have you seen the view this morning?
- Recent relations between the hustings chairman and 1 councillor in particular, and the administrarion generally.
- Didnt expect them to go, as they (the decliners) possibly feel they would not get a fair hearing. They should have responded though. Makes the ‘debate’ a bit one sided, and will reduce the turn out, which is a pity.
Recent comments by phill
- Resignation-triggered by-election for Oban North and Lorn
Cllr Breslin; Ian Angus MacDonald may well have been scunered and a perceptive individual but he certainly has left the stage to the sound of his own footsteps. I also hope that Andrew Vennard stands as he is buliding up a respectable share of the vote and is not afraid to stand by his principles. I voted for him last time and will do so again. Never thought i would but there you go.
- Agreement on fiscal framework looks like Davidson proposal
Hugh Jazz, can you not debate in a sensible manner. Im afraid you have become an irritation for most posters of all sides and no side. Tedious and and i would imagine an embarasment for the party you would have us believe you support.
I have for some years now enjoyed healthy debate about many subjects on ‘forargyll’ and have until recently been generally impressed by the respect shown to posters of differing views.
You can do better.
- 34% turnout sees SNP candidate elected to Argyll & Bute Council on fourth count – but the story of the night is the Conservative success
First time I have voted Conservative, and probably as much to do with the stability and clearly defined policies at national level as for the commitment of the local candidate (Andrew Vennard). I have to agree with Newsroom on this occasion that currently Labour and Liberal Democrat are not ticking the boxes and the Conservative Party have beleive it or not become more appealling.
I also admire Tom Hayward for commenting above re the attiude of some Snp posters on here.
- Shock as Oban Express sold
- 5th Scottish Conservative MSP stands down for 2016
Agree that Annabel Goldie was good for democracy in Scotland, a fair minded person, and an asset to the Hollyrood parliament. Best wishes to her. Never been Tory minded but she was very straight to the point, and i enjoyed her skill in the debates.
powered by SEO Super Comments