Comment posted 11th April: George Berry chairing hustings for Oban Wards 4 and 5 by phill.
One of the reasons councillors SNP and admin included didnt support the OBM pontoon was location which many of the electorate didnt agree with due to loss of a wonderful outlook free for us all. Hats off to Roddy etc on that one. He and others were merely representing their constituents.
phill also commented
- All is not well down Easdale island way and very difficult for voters to decipher whats is the truth.
- Maybe not at meeting but nevertheless location would feature in the public reasoning and i feel decision generally well accepted by many on the street. Nice to see locals of all persuasions standing together on this. hats off to Duncan Macintyre and Roddy McCuish on that one. Have you seen the view this morning?
- Recent relations between the hustings chairman and 1 councillor in particular, and the administrarion generally.
- Didnt expect them to go, as they (the decliners) possibly feel they would not get a fair hearing. They should have responded though. Makes the ‘debate’ a bit one sided, and will reduce the turn out, which is a pity.
Recent comments by phill
- Scottish Labour Leadership: the timeline is Murphy’s headache
Fran and Anna
- Nimble SNP make mayhem at Westminster over EU referendum
Showing your true colours John. Anger surfacing here unfortunately.
- Labour paralysis proves Lamont right
Jim would be the man if he stands.
- Scotland heading to be a one-party state
‘Disastrous ex snp leader’ – you would not say that if you admitted the excellent ward councillor had been a help to all in his ward, a fact which you will never appreciate, He is a man of the people who is the snp’s biggest loss among many others. you know NCH very few will agree with your constant sniping at the most able and popular councillor for a long time. You havent a clue hen.
- SNP considering coalition in Argyll and Bute
powered by SEO Super Comments