Comment posted Cabinet Secretary responds to McGrigor on Islay power cuts by Robert Wakeham.
Quite apart from any local problems with the condition of overhead lines in some areas of Islay, is there a problem with the Bowmore diesel power station providing supply if the Knapdale – Jura – Islay line is disrupted? Are these generators no longer up to the job?
Robert Wakeham also commented
- Do you mean he treats his Islay constituents as the proverbial ‘cash cow’, ie voting for him come what may therefore worthy of contempt? I know that Islay folk are no more daft than anyone else, so how come they vote for him?
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Charity seeks volunteers for 2016 Great British Beach Clean
Where do you get the hearsay criticism of ‘immigrants’ from, if it’s not your personal experience?
I don’t know about beach litter, but my impressions of highway litter is that it increases the nearer you get to Glasgow – but whether that’s down to the natives, or immigrants, I really don’t know (although I suspect it’s more likely to be the natives).
One of the problems in Argyll & Bute is the way in which sea lochs trap litter from far and wide – the head of Loch Long at Arrochar is a prime example, and the amount of trash you can sometimes see on the shores of the Clyde from the train between Helensburgh and Dumbarton is astonishing – but whether it all comes from people living around the Clyde is another matter.
- Calmac hit by unjustified attacks
‘General purpose ferries’ seem to be rather a radical concept for some people.
- Bute refugees suffer from inadequately considered placement
I can’t help thinking that the weather could be a significant factor – for anyone accustomed to a sunny climate this part of the world must seem very dreich indeed for a lot of the time – just remember how welcome the first two weeks in June were, with consistently dry and bright days.
- SNP Deputy Party Leader contest sees post-Brexit carpetbagger challenge Angus Robertson
An interesting reply, worthy of a follower of that aspiring Hitler in Turkey. Could democracy in Scotland be going the same way?
- UK Supreme Court to hand down judgment on Named Person provision next Thursday
Still so empty-headed / immature that you have to resort to butchering real people’s names, NCH?
powered by SEO Super Comments