Comment posted Cabinet Secretary responds to McGrigor on Islay power cuts by Robert Wakeham.
Quite apart from any local problems with the condition of overhead lines in some areas of Islay, is there a problem with the Bowmore diesel power station providing supply if the Knapdale – Jura – Islay line is disrupted? Are these generators no longer up to the job?
Robert Wakeham also commented
- Do you mean he treats his Islay constituents as the proverbial ‘cash cow’, ie voting for him come what may therefore worthy of contempt? I know that Islay folk are no more daft than anyone else, so how come they vote for him?
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Fire extinguished on oil vessel at Peterhead this morning
The BBC is now saying that the fire was believed to have started in an electrical switch room on the lower decks, and was contained in a small area before being extinguished.
- Land Reform Bill: landowners owners keen to grasp ‘unprecedented opportunity’ to prove public benefit they create
Until you get into the lowlands real estate that enables so many people to very substantially enrich themselves?
- Audit Scotland says Scotland has no consistent approach to tracking pupils’ educational performance
I wonder if Longannet really will close early, or whether we’re looking at a gigantic game of ‘chicken’?
- Shell CEO says oil demand will rise to 80 times current North Sea production by 2040
….and you get four ‘thumbsdowns’ so far for pointing this out.
I wonder if there are more ostriches than humans reading this blog?
- HMS Sutherland on visit to Loch Fyne
To provide something interesting for a Russian submarine to sniff at?
powered by SEO Super Comments