Comment posted Cabinet Secretary responds to McGrigor on Islay power cuts by Islay for ever.
Thank goodness we have one MSP willing to work for the good of his constituents rather than waste his time and energy pursuing separation .
I hope the Conservatives have a strong team of councillors to compliment the excellent work done by Jamie McGrigor after the election on May 3rd
Islay for ever also commented
- The problem with the so called hard working nats is that rather than dealing with the pressing problems of their constituents they spend most of their time trying to break up the United Kingdom . Thank goodness we have MSPs like Jamie McGrigor to call them to account .
- I wonder why the nats ditched John Swinney as leader if he is as talented as you claim ? My recollection of his time as SNP leader was of being a disaster for them .
Recent comments by Islay for ever
- Insights for Argyll and the Isles in CalMac’s annual carrying figures
Previous information, though I’m not sure of the source , suggested a start date of Friday 4th April 2014 for the Ardrossan – Campbeltown route ,I have it written in my diary , now the date is confirmed as 1st May 2014 .
To state the residents of Campbeltown agreed to the present timetable is stretching matters . The townspeople were informed the same timetable was operating again this year , who was consulted about it is a mystery though local councillors would be involved , surely ?
Regardless of these shortcomings , there is no doubting the benefit to the area of the extra visitors and it would be churlish not to acknowledge the ferry is good for Kintyre and is a valuable asset which can grow in importance , witness nearly 3/4 million passengers carried to Arran .
- UK response to the Russia-Crimea situation: selfies, posturing and dangerous old hat
Every story carried in the mainstream media about Russia is a negative one .
- Testing A83 Emergency Diversion – passed with distinction
That is dreadful news for all those who have to travel between 7.30pm and 7am and unacceptable to many people travelling the long distance from Kintyre .
- Oban South and the Isles to ready for by-election as Councillor Hall stands down
I applaud Fred Hall for recognising the damage done to our justice system by the SNP and for having the courage to force a by-election .
However , re electing a disillusioned SNP is unlikely to be in the best interests of Ward 4 as we have seen time and again how nationalist councillors slip in and out of the SNP as it suits them .
Only yesterday I was hearing on ArgyllFM’s magazine show how united the SNP are …. yes seriously !
- Campbeltown Picture House appoints design team
Excellent news , the transparency is so welcome and a complete contrast to the largely secret workings of the Machrihanish Airbase Community Company .
powered by SEO Super Comments