Comment posted Council statement on press staff suspensions and more leaked information by Simon.
Crazy ” [Simon] The unsubstantated arguments you like to sling at newsie aren’t appropriate in this case.” – Oh Yeah???
Have a nice evening
Simon also commented
- Well Newsie, after your “While they were working at some point, the two staff concerned were evidently exchanging some private jokes about executive staff – not scurrilous in any way but funny/silly – as you do.” the Oban Times is today quoting the Council “the decision to suspend was founded on strong evidence of potential serious and gross mis-conduct around wholly inappropriate and repetitive use of obscene and abusive communication messaging exchanges, deemed to be harsh and hurtful if read by the colleagues – mostly junior – being discussed. Not joke sharing about senior colleagues or anything close to it”.
Beaten to the punch again by the OT – and certainly “obscene and abusive does not fit your description of “‘third form’ private jollity ” – will you now withdraw your comments?
Will the posters above who queued up to rant again, about the Council no apologise??
I ain’t holding my breath….
- “Doc” it’s sad. You used to be much more objective and in fact I can remember you castigating Newsie for one of her frivilous (ie sheer conjecture) reports about the community council in Connel being too afraid of supposed Council repercussions to be actually quoted (three days before the Oban Times carried the full story quotes names and all) “hearsay” you described it as.
Sad then that you’ve just swallowed Newsie’s ‘story’ hook, line and plonker…..
Election time must be approaching….
- So two members of staff are suspended and the predictable, nay automatic, reaction from the infestation of snp apparatchiks on here is the Council is at fault! And this is based on Newise’s sensational “we have learned”.
‘We have learned’ is of course the new “we understand” – a term now largely discarded by Newsie following ‘exclusives’ like “we understand the Dunoon Observer is going bust….”
Sheer speculation and utter tosh of cooiurse – but that doesn’t stop the slabbering sycophants attaching their coat tails to Newsie nonsense and telling us again what a dreadful Council this is.
What to see a poor Council? Take a look at SNP controlled Edinburgh City Council. Allegations of a £1.5 million fraud and so far 18 Council staff suspended…
Have a nice day.
Recent comments by Simon
- SNP manifesto to ‘rebalance UK’ – but what about Scotland?
- ONE VOTE for democracy and the freedom to be different
So, the tactical voting dartboard re-appears for the third(is it only the third) time. Different words but the same old song.
“Lin Dems certainly appear to be the only option for anyone who is not a nationalist.” Well I’m no nationalist but I would rather have a heart attack than vote Lib-Dems (please note it is Lib Dems not ‘Lin Dems’).
The ONLY people who can realistically ensure there is a challenge to the Tory/UKIP hegemony are the SNP.
The Lib Dems are the creeps that kept the Tories in power, helped ensure an austerity agenda and lied about tuition fees. Little alan reid is of course an irrelevance.
- Oban lifeboat on a shout to another grounded yacht
Longshanks ‘This site is becoming notorious for its ignorance on all matters’.
There, fixed that for you.
- Scottish Conservatives demand SNP publish figures on impact of full fiscal autonomy
This is rich coming from Tories considering they won’t give details of their proposed £12 Billion welfare cuts until after the election.
- Quarriers who put Easdale Island on the map may do so again
“since then discussions have been ongoing with the island owner… and members of the community”.
Would it be tempting fate to ask which members of the community?
Or can we now expect the usual suspects to come on bleating and whining about the island trust, OSCR, Audit Scotland, the Council, Mike McKenzie, the Puffer Bar and the boatman that was allegedly hounded out of his job……
powered by SEO Super Comments