Comment posted Council statement on press staff suspensions and more leaked information by Simon.
Crazy ” [Simon] The unsubstantated arguments you like to sling at newsie aren’t appropriate in this case.” – Oh Yeah???
Have a nice evening
Simon also commented
- Well Newsie, after your “While they were working at some point, the two staff concerned were evidently exchanging some private jokes about executive staff – not scurrilous in any way but funny/silly – as you do.” the Oban Times is today quoting the Council “the decision to suspend was founded on strong evidence of potential serious and gross mis-conduct around wholly inappropriate and repetitive use of obscene and abusive communication messaging exchanges, deemed to be harsh and hurtful if read by the colleagues – mostly junior – being discussed. Not joke sharing about senior colleagues or anything close to it”.
Beaten to the punch again by the OT – and certainly “obscene and abusive does not fit your description of “‘third form’ private jollity ” – will you now withdraw your comments?
Will the posters above who queued up to rant again, about the Council no apologise??
I ain’t holding my breath….
- “Doc” it’s sad. You used to be much more objective and in fact I can remember you castigating Newsie for one of her frivilous (ie sheer conjecture) reports about the community council in Connel being too afraid of supposed Council repercussions to be actually quoted (three days before the Oban Times carried the full story quotes names and all) “hearsay” you described it as.
Sad then that you’ve just swallowed Newsie’s ‘story’ hook, line and plonker…..
Election time must be approaching….
- So two members of staff are suspended and the predictable, nay automatic, reaction from the infestation of snp apparatchiks on here is the Council is at fault! And this is based on Newise’s sensational “we have learned”.
‘We have learned’ is of course the new “we understand” – a term now largely discarded by Newsie following ‘exclusives’ like “we understand the Dunoon Observer is going bust….”
Sheer speculation and utter tosh of cooiurse – but that doesn’t stop the slabbering sycophants attaching their coat tails to Newsie nonsense and telling us again what a dreadful Council this is.
What to see a poor Council? Take a look at SNP controlled Edinburgh City Council. Allegations of a £1.5 million fraud and so far 18 Council staff suspended…
Have a nice day.
Recent comments by Simon
- In a party for whom 84,000 members are not enough for candidate selection, will Hosie’s elevation curtail Salmond’s ambitions?
To get back to the topic – does this mean that people who have been expelled from the SNP, ie local councillors here in A&B, are able to stand again? And, with the support of the SNP?
- Stramash award underlines sense of company’s big investment decision
Well done Stramash and I hope this expansion works out for them. However, I surely cannot be the only one to find it rather strange that Newsie and FA have almost completely ignored the rural parliament meeting in Oban this week. Maybe she couldn’t get press accreditation here either.
- Anonymous £15k donation to Mull’s Ulva Ferry Community Housing project
Excellent news from an ambitious small community determined not to die. Their self-help bottom-up approach is in complete contrast to other threatened schools/communities that seem to do little other than whine, whinge and turn up on-demand to demonstrate outside Council meetings.
More cuts coming that’s for sure. http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/u/national-education-body-suggested.1415109075
ps If they do actually create a national education body that could immediately make the closing down of small, expensive, under-utilised schools much easier as national politician are less susceptible to local pressure.
- Planning permission for Ulva School Community Association Housing project
Well done Ulva for getting off their bahookies and doing something positive about rural depopulation. It’s just a pity that other communities with expensive rural schools and a declining population don’t do something similar.
- United Kingdom devolution: a dog’s dinner to herd cats
I had macaroni cheese for supper last night.
powered by SEO Super Comments