Comment posted Coalition for Progess to Govern Argyll & Bute by Robert Wakeham.
If I thought you were old enough, I’d say you were just back from the pub, Simon. You do know you’re rambling a bit, don’t you? Best sleep it off.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- Dr DM: I’ve read enough of Simon’s contributions to this website to think that there’s quite a disturbed mind at work – bright, yes, but maybe in need of help. But I’m not a mental health expert.
- Morning Simon – how’s the head? I thought I’d invented a word appropriate to the soviet era, up there with ‘parasitism’, and I’m surprised at what you’ve dug up on the internet – though I doubt anyone your age should be looking at stuff like that.
- To try and understand the mentality of Ife is probably a waste of time, but the general impression is of a party apparatchik accusing people of deviantism in the hope of engineering their downfall, preferably as nastily as possible. Widely practised in the old communist regimes, and probably still in North Korea – but maybe the best analogy for Ife’s disease is McCarthyism.
- What might it take? – some genuine (?) apologies to all the wronged councillors who were frozen out of participation in normal democratic process, and so much grovelling to the electorate – or, at least, the non-tribal sector that votes with a brain – that the independents from the old alliance might be so grubby they’d need steam cleaning.
And even then they’d only be guaranteed spotless on the outside.
- What comment of ‘embarrassing’? What’s the reference? Is Arnie of California governor fame your role model?
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Argyll Flyer spotted going into Ardmaleish yard on Bute this afternoon
Doesn’t the SPTE have a remit to co-ordinate public transport provision here? – maybe I’m imagining it, or maybe they’re just pretending, or maybe they’re only really interested in Strathclyde bus services and the Glasgow subway (on the basis that only a tiny proportion of voters use the Gourock ferries, and politics is all)
- 31 hour shout Tobermory Lifeboat’s longest ever, ending in joint operation with Oban lifeboat
The Oban Times reported on 6th June on the MAIB report on a similar incident last July when a small container ship rammed the Isle of Bute, and apparently legal action is ongoing.
- Refloated cargo ship MV Fri Ocean escorted to Lynn of Lorne – and on into Oban
Not being a mariner, I wonder why – in this day and age of almost universal use of radar (and GPS?) for navigation – ships don’t seem to be equipped with a proximity alarm, a bloody great klaxon fit to waken the dead, that is triggered if the boat closes with an identifiable hazard.
It would have to be capable of deactivation in harbour areas and, eg, places like the Corran Narrows – but would surely be invaluable, especially at night.
Maybe it would be seen as a dangerous threat to the need for proper watch keeping.
- Auchindrain in crisis: facing paying off its two permanent staff
Considering how all the wind farm developers are so keen (and can clearly afford) to provide substantial funding to help local community ventures, this is surely a prime example of an exceptionally good local cause with national significance.
- Baton of SAMS Deputy Director passes from Jones to Miller
With the range of expertise at SAMS would I be naive to hope that it should be possible for this country to resolve the controversies surrounding marine aquaculture – the environmental impacts of waste pollution, and of sea lice infestation and treatment?
powered by SEO Super Comments