Comment posted School Meals saga: Council distorts facts and blocks Martha’s blog by Robert Wakeham.
‘Argyll and Bute Council’ – yes, but which one, the old contemptibles or the new order? – I wonder if the latter are aware of the ‘one party state’ trick of blocking Martha’s blog, or was this a ‘delegated decision’?. Wait till the Daily Mail etc get to hear of that.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- But ‘Government and European imposed procurement restrictions’ – just what are you referring to, JayC?
- Maybe too much choice? – and the wasteage must surely bump up the cost.
- In some cultures the only form of response to criticism and protest is to attack. Reminds me slightly of Bashar al-Assad in Syria, but then he thinks the country and its people are there for his benefit, rather than the other way around.
- Something else for the New Order to look into, if promises were made but never honoured.
- Looking at the ‘damage limitation measures’ taken by the council I just wonder if they’ve seeped out of a bastion of the old order within the senior management? Any attempt to impose the rule of omerta looks like it could backfire very badly indeed, and the sooner whoever’s responsible realises that southern Italian practices are no longer acceptable – or resigns to spend more time with their family – the better. Otherwise they might just be digging their own grave.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Fire extinguished on oil vessel at Peterhead this morning
The BBC is now saying that the fire was believed to have started in an electrical switch room on the lower decks, and was contained in a small area before being extinguished.
- Land Reform Bill: landowners owners keen to grasp ‘unprecedented opportunity’ to prove public benefit they create
Until you get into the lowlands real estate that enables so many people to very substantially enrich themselves?
- Audit Scotland says Scotland has no consistent approach to tracking pupils’ educational performance
I wonder if Longannet really will close early, or whether we’re looking at a gigantic game of ‘chicken’?
- Shell CEO says oil demand will rise to 80 times current North Sea production by 2040
….and you get four ‘thumbsdowns’ so far for pointing this out.
I wonder if there are more ostriches than humans reading this blog?
- HMS Sutherland on visit to Loch Fyne
To provide something interesting for a Russian submarine to sniff at?
powered by SEO Super Comments