Comment posted Council Elections: The count by neil macintyre.
I love it,I didn’t loose I took part.
Keep on rowing.
Power to the people.
neil macintyre also commented
- Well well another hero called JayC.
What is the problem with you people, what are you scared of?
- Sadly the masked men are given some coverage for their cowardly attacks.I would hope that FA would start to block personal attacks that come like that.Having different opinions on all that happens in our area is what makes the debate. I have also been greatly helped by information and ideas that have been given on here.I love an argument on any subject but if you attack someone personally on here it should not be accepted unless you front up with your name.If you feel so strongly about someone surely you would want them to know who you are.If you stand for any public office the stick that goes with it is the price you pay but to have abuse thrown at you from silent cowards should be kept of this site.
Power to the People who are proud of their name.
- Just finished work so just catching up on some of the crack about the results.Firstly I would like to thank everybody who voted for me and for all the people who helped to put everthing together especially my own sons.We went close but best of luck to Roddy he’s a great bloke.Marian told me to say that.As for Oban North I have mixed emotions,great that Ian got in but very sad for melon he would of been a great councillor but he,ll be back I hope.
But the tremendous news about McKay means that the cider is being opened at this very moment.This was the councillor who along with Jo Smith’s help put the knife in big George Berry.Sadly in real life decent people don’t get any payback most of the time, but this result is pure magic, just a pity that he was the only one.
Where do we go now? Well we will be putting together local debates on different issues that hopefully will generate more interest and keep the councillors on their toes.We have to engage our young people, so that will be an important part of our plans,If we could, a debate with the senior pupils from our high school would I think be a great start.Any Ideas would be very helpful.We can’t just leave it to the councillors we all have to put our bit in.
So back to the cider and best wishes and congratulations to all the new councillors, lets rock and roll and make Argyll the best in the West.
Power to People.
Recent comments by neil macintyre
- Kieron Green wins Oban North and Lorn by-election to Argyll and Bute Council
Brilliant news Kieron.
As the leader of the Labour group in the council I look forward to working with you and I hope it will encourage more young people to come forward to help change the council.
To have to give up your job for this shows how committed you are.
Our early morning leaflet delivery must have helped.
- The Argyll budget crisis and the failure to abandon game playing
Right on the money Linda.
I certainly felt sorry for the parents watching what was just a pantomime last Thursday.
The cuts to special needs support and classroom assistants will never go ahead and should never have been put in the consultation in the first place.As you rightly say when the hard decisions have to be made we have everyone jumping ship but no surprise there.
As for councillors expenses which Michael Russell is keen to cut he needs to get his SNP colleagues on the council to agree.
When Councillor Freeman asked for support to stop increases to responsibility payments only 5 councillors supported him which I was one.
The SNP councillors sat on there hands and did not vote apart from one who registered a NO vote.
Councils across Scotland are having to make very hard decisions due to lack of cash and in Argyll we have to concentrate all our efforts to save as many jobs and services that we can and that should be the priority not the sad political games being played by the three tenors.
Cheers Councillor Neil MacIntyre.
- How to kill one of the most important businesses for Oban: Arygll and Bute Council strikes again
Interesting article newsie and its great that it has generated so much interest.
Mr MacLeod will be coming along to the business day next week to discuss his access, not the new building, which he is not against.
His problem is with the open space which he thinks Will affect his business.
Mr MacLeod on the 17th of December in a very friendly correspondence with Roddy on a different matter asked if the council could be persuaded to buy him out, as it would save on car parking and hassle.
Signing off with “Awra best Alan”.
Taking a slagging on different issues is part of the job so I am fine with that but I think on this one it would have been nice to be asked for our side of the story, to give it a bit of balance.
It might not be everyone,s cup of tea but badly needed toilets and showers incorporated in the building will help visitors and locals alike. I like the idea of just pedestrians along the pier side as there is very little room on that side and I am sure it will help the tourist office at the Columba corner.
I certainly can,t see how this development will stop people from finding and enjoying these fine restaurants and now that we have the Transit Marina plans taking shape and the work on Stafford Street ready to go I hope people will enjoy the changes.
- Breslin sticks to the trail on Castle Toward and exposes more council manoeuvres
Obviously I will be supporting Mary in her campaign for election next year but with Roddy being approached to stand and the financial backing in place if he takes up the offer it would certainly make the election debates a minefield of information.
I hope he gives it a go he will not win but just imagine the crack.
Well all the best for the New Year folks it has been an enjoyable few months since I was elected I have certainly found working with everybody has been pretty straightforward on the committee’s I am involved with which is great and the way it should be.
Linda I promised you an interview to go over my first few months
in the council and see how things have gone.
If it’s okay with you it would be better to wait till Castle Toward, Rockfield and Kilbowie are concluded then I can talk openly on them along with the Chord and TIF projects.
Hope it stays dry for the street party in Oban and again Happy New Year to everyone.
- Game changing intervention as Labour candidate resolves Argyll black hole for mobile phone signal
Brilliant Mary it is great news for Argyll.
powered by SEO Super Comments