Comment posted 11th April: George Berry chairing hustings for Oban Wards 4 and 5 by sokay.
This is a reply to Keith, should have been serialized
Fairy Nuff Keith I don’t wan’t to make this a war of attrition which, although I don’t claim to be any smarter than any one on here, I would win as the possessor of the 100% accurate facts regarding the bus shelter debacle and the debate at the hustings, while you can only depend on assumptions and misunderstandings “. Now correct me again if I am wrong” from your last post. Consider yourself about to be corrected again as you are wrong .I will come back to that post at the end but in the meantime I will full fill the following request from said post “ read my post in conjunction with the post by “Lowry””
(1) I pointed out to Mr Hall that this was nothing new, I disclosed similar during the fiasco that was “Oban’s waterfront development” in the late 80’s £2million pound was made available by the then SDA, it all went to developers, consultants and no few £’s in councilors expenses (no salaries then).I submitted a dossier of all these facts to the Oban Times at the time but it was never published. Different wheels within wheels in these days but still going round. There were some site meetings where you could not move for councillors claiming their attendance allowance (not pennys) and associated allowances for travelling from Islay, Dunoon Lochgilphead and other such far flung places with as much interest in Oban’s success as pandas have in procreation! Neither of you reported this.
(2) You both only touched on one part of Mr McCuish’s contributions on the night, both ignoring the very succinct and honest answer he gave to me regarding the problem relating to the tonnes/tons of dog dirt left on the pavements, roads, playing areas and all free space in our lovely town.about which I’ve lodged three complaints using both metric and imperial (PC) to no avail (seafood capital of Scotland, I ask you) the well being of the public and the maintenance of hygene not worth mentioning?
(3) The elderly gentleman was not cordial toward Mrs Roberston at all,he was well informed but was still rude loud and overbearing through out the evening bellowing in my ear when speaking to Mrs Robertson and disrupting the evening with caustic comments whilst thumping the floor with a stick, all directed at contributors (poss not his own party) .He was also encouraged by the gentleman sat beside who at the end shouted at Mr Berry that the Dunbeg shelter had nothing to do with the airport. Mr Berry had closed the airport and had taken my question by this time, another one with disregard for the elderly in someplaces?? I also hope this friend and supporter explained how rude he’d been to the gentleman sitting along from me.
(4) Yes Lowry perhaps should have asked Donald there and not here but agree with you on the rest.
(5) I can’t understand how some people know what it’s like to watch paint dry. Yes Iain MacDonald is new and enthusiastic already practicing that political skill of “tangential diversion” good luck to him.
(6) Louise has not had time to have significant achievements in the political field but I’m sure she will, and at this time why should she not refer to her party’s manifesto if she believes it’s a winner?
(7) I agree that Neil contributed a lot more than Lowry suggests (perhaps his pencil broke)t Neil contributed much more.I’ve not comented on the points that the three of us roughly agree on
Now back to “ . Now correct me again if I am wrong but George did say that he had contacted the police, as he claimed “the bus stop was removed illegally” now reconcile that with this “ never caught the whole story but I believe the audience member was blaming George for getting it removed, George got quite heated and pointed out that it was another councillor and not him, he also pointed out that he had contacted the police about the removal of the shelter
Now ask yourself this Why would you say that I blamed George for getting the shelter taken down and then say that George had contacted the police as the shelter(aka the bus stop) was removed illegally, so you now have George removing the shelter and then reporting it to the police? Remember the old adage “to assume makes an ASS of U and ME” The only police involvement was in trying to solve the hooligan problem they agreed with the local (other?) councillor, community council and all the affected neighbours that shifting the shelter would only shift the problem and removal was the only solution and it worked,George and a few others objected to it’s demise. The wee wet wifey abandoned at the shelterless bus stop can be explained if required.Sorry for the length of this reply but it will possibly be my last, I only came on to clarify a few points based on Keiths belief in assumption and as it would seem the more I read ,fairys. Keith when I 1st posted for the sake of clarity I did not expect the timings of these posts (with a LOL) to be highlighted and be the subject of some amateurish psychological dissection, that was the not too warm welcome, I didn’t know you were a new poster I’d seen your previous posts and you’ve got ared and green glove I have’nt but won’t need them. If there’s any thing on here you don’t understand ask a grown up.
sokay also commented
- Keith, don’t be silly, I was finished with the forum as I had stated all the true facts pertaining to the hustings and bus shelter, for some reason known only to yourself ,in your last post you still maintain that what you THINK you heard and ASSUME what you heard to be correct, one last time Mr Berry was totally against the removal and was NEVER blamed for it, the councillor (along with other parties)responsible for the removal (thankfully) was Mr D. Macintyre which begs the question were current vendettas spawned all these years ago? If any other posters can help convince Keith obout the truths of the matter please do, and encourage him to not give up but just learn from the experience of our little spat (which I at no time intended to be personal but did perhaps slip for which I apologise) and in time I’m sure he’ll become a respected and valued contributor to all forums, Don’t give up ‘cos of some old smart ar** fella hopefully you’ll be one yourself someday Stay put and good luck in all you do (I’ll probably still be watching) P.S. when Mr Berry suggested it was a police matter he was not referring to the removal of the shelter but the hoolgan behaviour therein and in hindsight I don’t see how Mr Berry could have been in a position to remove shelter legally or otherwise, he was not councillor just a concerned party cheers!
- Keich, If you did not catch the full story why make one up? You got ic totally A for Elb and I felt clarification was called for! Your 4 line ref. was totally made up, how much of your approx 45 line post was made up? There were many less than correct items, but not with reference to my questions and observations . If you feel the concerns for the safety and wellbeing of our pensioners is a “chidish” matter so be it! The reference to the timing of my posts is totally pedantic but was brought about by another member of the audience pointing out this P.M.the total inaccuracy of your guess work and fabrications. As a first time poster on here I have not used my name as the pseudo worked but I’m sure you know who I am and thanks for your less than warm welcome to the forum cheers K.
- Could I also add that the OP heard wrong, I was also the member of the audience who “congratulated” Mr Berry on his social integrity and concerns for the old age pensioners and then went on to ask him where were these concerns when he fought to keep the nest of hooligans on the aforementioned site. Could I also point out that my refference to Mr Berry as Mr Galloway was not a Freudian slip but a very succinct piece of satire, some may have noticed that I paused for the laughter to abate
- You’ve got this totally back to front. My question to Mr Berry was regarding his campaign to STOP the removal of the bus shelter outside my pensioner parents house, which had become a meeting place for all sorts of thugs and nere do wells mostly during the night where drugs and alcohol were consumed and various acts of vandalism perpetrated in surrounding gardens. The police, local councillors, community council and all neighbours agreed that for the peace and safety of the surrounding community, removal was the only solution which was carried out and solved the problem. Mr Berry instigated a campaign against this bleating “where will the kids go at night” there were a few other protests but not valid regarding the nuisance suffered by my parents and their neighbours.Mr Berry’s rantings about a wheelchair bound local lady being observed at the shelterless bus stop and soaking wet can be fully explained if required.
Recent comments by sokay
- SNP Group unable even to oppose
two anonymous twats already, explain yourselfs!
- SNP Group unable even to oppose
It’s a mystery John M? I could post “black” on one thread and “white” on another and collect equal no’s of thumbs down on both based only on previous contentious posts ;Watch the wrist action in response to the fact that I was going to use the pseudonym ” Monika Lowinski” untill somebody pointed out it was a bit of a mouthfull!
- Salmond judgment under question in second deception on EU membership
what twat gave the thumbs down for that? like or dislike should be abolished just state your case!
- Salmond judgment under question in second deception on EU membership
For the first but possibly not the last time I agree with H2O, just this PM found out that our son was OK he was one pint and five minutes away from the pub concerned, all speakers shed their politics and spoke from their ” broken hearts” it’s all to do with perspective, my son and my nephew are OK but as I type I have a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye for all else concerned! PS who’s this god person that’s been introduced ???
- Michael Russell looks like the first SNP MSP to put a personal Plan B into action
is this the one, copied from another thread..”sokay says:
November 26, 2013 at 8:40 pm
Hold on a minute guys, he announces on the back page that “Trails” by jury are to continue in Argyll, does this mean our walks, tracks and trails are to be maintained to a higher standard?
Like or Dislike: 3 4″
powered by SEO Super Comments