Comment posted Council Elections: the tally in Argyll and Bute by Robert Wakeham.
Maybe Donald’s not so much representing the Conservative party as just stating that he’s a Conservative voter in national politics – after all, presumably the vast majority of independent local politicians vote for one of the main parties at national level, but think that national party policies might be unnecessarily constricting – or inappropriate – when dealing with local issues at local level. I know this will be interpreted by some as just ducking the issue of committing to specific policies, and that this has been the core problem with the behaviour of Walsh & Co, but it’s surely a valid viewpoint for those local politicians who do have integrity.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- And the wonder is that at the same time that Keith Brown is trumpeting the benefits of Serco as northern isles ferry operator he’s silent on the shambles that is SPT’s Kilcreggan ferry service. It’s obviously the big picture that counts, the small communities can go to hell.
- Has anyone heard the rumour that Robin Currie, Donnie McMillan and Rory Colville are forming a breakaway independent group of councillors, ‘Argyll Worst’, with the primary intention of aligning themslves with whatever group can offer them extra perks in the form of financial benefit for chairing committees etc, of nodding when told to, of conveniently forgetting whatever promises they’ve made their electorates, and of formation flipflopping at their leader’s command?
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Baillie impressive at First Minister’s Questions – and then the polls rolled in
Surely no-one on this blog takes NCH’s ‘facts’ at face value?
- Argyll First launch new petition for permanent solution to A83
You’re talking about galleries, and there’s already one in Scotland, protecting both the A890 and the Kyle railway near Attadale on the shore of Loch Carron.
- Sarwar makes decision in favour of his party
By wielding that old catch-phrase ‘bitter together’ you conveniently forget how many of the ‘no’ voters want to see a strong, vigorous Scotland but without casting off from Britain and throwing away the lines.
Strange how so much of what you spout seems to be motivated by an underlying bitterness all of your own – an irresistible urge to indulge in sour comment and petty back-biting, NCH.
- A83 Latest – closure [updating regularly]
So if all the other options were ‘ridiculously expensive’ are we stuck with the status quo?
Or is it, perhaps, that what is ‘ridiculously expensive’ is in fact relatively commonplace in some other European countries?
- MoD still to give ‘definitive answer’ to cause of ‘loud bang’ in Western Isles
The ‘stray’ was apparently a Latvian cargo plane that lost contact over Kent, but what seems to be causing concern is the number of Russian military aircraft, including refuellers, flying around European international airspace without filing flight plans, with no transponders, and maintaining radio silence.
powered by SEO Super Comments