Comment posted Mid Argyll Chamber of Commerce raises A83 issues with Transport Scotland after Cabinet Secretary’s letter to Michael Russell by Robert Wakeham.
This weekend, with the Rest & Be Thankful closed because of the landslde danger, can anyone say for sure that the old military road option would not also be ‘in the line of fire’ from landslides?
Robert Wakeham also commented
- If Transport Scotland goes for the option of upgrading the old military road, then it could be very interesting watching large hgvs – say timber trucks with trailers, artic whisky tankers and supermarket supply trucks – negotiating the hairpin bend and steep gradient immediately below the summit.
Or, in the real world, will the diverted hgvs be scraping past each other along that sick joke of a trunk road up Loch Lomondside, the A82, on the ‘long way round’?
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Fire extinguished on oil vessel at Peterhead this morning
The BBC is now saying that the fire was believed to have started in an electrical switch room on the lower decks, and was contained in a small area before being extinguished.
- Land Reform Bill: landowners owners keen to grasp ‘unprecedented opportunity’ to prove public benefit they create
Until you get into the lowlands real estate that enables so many people to very substantially enrich themselves?
- Audit Scotland says Scotland has no consistent approach to tracking pupils’ educational performance
I wonder if Longannet really will close early, or whether we’re looking at a gigantic game of ‘chicken’?
- Shell CEO says oil demand will rise to 80 times current North Sea production by 2040
….and you get four ‘thumbsdowns’ so far for pointing this out.
I wonder if there are more ostriches than humans reading this blog?
- HMS Sutherland on visit to Loch Fyne
To provide something interesting for a Russian submarine to sniff at?
powered by SEO Super Comments