Comment posted Mid Argyll Chamber of Commerce raises A83 issues with Transport Scotland after Cabinet Secretary’s letter to Michael Russell by Robert Wakeham.
This weekend, with the Rest & Be Thankful closed because of the landslde danger, can anyone say for sure that the old military road option would not also be ‘in the line of fire’ from landslides?
Robert Wakeham also commented
- If Transport Scotland goes for the option of upgrading the old military road, then it could be very interesting watching large hgvs – say timber trucks with trailers, artic whisky tankers and supermarket supply trucks – negotiating the hairpin bend and steep gradient immediately below the summit.
Or, in the real world, will the diverted hgvs be scraping past each other along that sick joke of a trunk road up Loch Lomondside, the A82, on the ‘long way round’?
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- More support for Oban Bay Marine and Oban transit marina project
db – if you scroll through the Machmaolain’s posts since it first surfaced on this blog it’s pretty clear that the main aim is to foment intolerance, but the trouble is that the intemperate ranting is so much like an off-colour music hall comedy routine – or Alf Garnett wearing a bonnet – that it’ll probably do the Scottish cause more harm than good.
- A83 closed with coach off on shores of Loch Restil
I think that you speak with considerable ignorance – or is it just obtuseness? – and, for the good of your education, in the past a truck that had stopped at Butterbridge was knocked off the road, so sometimes it doesn’t matter how slow the vehicle is travelling, it can still come to grief.
- Price of Salmond’s London ego-tripping is opposition kerchings in Scotland
Tut-tut now, Rob – thou shalt not criticise the SNP.
- Tender for improved lifeline PSO flights to open in April – now for a marketing initiative
Tut-tut now, Jamie – thou shalt not criticise the SNP.
- State Guardians / Named Persons a situation out of control
What I don’t understand is how a 13 year old child’s interview at school (by someone who apparently wasn’t even known to her) is then apparently legally confidential and not to be divulged to her mother – who is surely legally responsible for her 13 year old child and bound to be concerned as to what’s going on.
Perhaps the answer is to accept that all children, upon reaching school age, should be removed from the care of unpredictable, uncontrollable parents and brought up by the state – thereby ensuring that they conform to all required norms and become model citizens.
It’s a Brave New World, isn’t it?
powered by SEO Super Comments