Comment posted Mid Argyll Chamber of Commerce raises A83 issues with Transport Scotland after Cabinet Secretary’s letter to Michael Russell by Robert Wakeham.
This weekend, with the Rest & Be Thankful closed because of the landslde danger, can anyone say for sure that the old military road option would not also be ‘in the line of fire’ from landslides?
Robert Wakeham also commented
- If Transport Scotland goes for the option of upgrading the old military road, then it could be very interesting watching large hgvs – say timber trucks with trailers, artic whisky tankers and supermarket supply trucks – negotiating the hairpin bend and steep gradient immediately below the summit.
Or, in the real world, will the diverted hgvs be scraping past each other along that sick joke of a trunk road up Loch Lomondside, the A82, on the ‘long way round’?
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- More ‘productive’ discussions with UK government ministers for Western and Northern Isles
Actually, Sokay, the Nazi invasion never took place in the 1940s, either; where d’you think we’d be today if it had?
- Today’s travel updates
The A83 is apparently being closed overnight sometime soon at Kilmory, outside Lochgilphead, for resurfacing (yet again) the stretch with inadequate sub-base at Red Lodge, but the Traffic Scotland website indicates convoy working on the night of 22nd – 23rd April, between Lochgair and Lochgilphead, at Brackley, West Lochgilphead, for a high friction surface to be applied.
At least some of this information is computer generated nonsense – but how much?
- 50th anniversary of first west coast car ferry – from LOLOs to ROROs and DODOs
Wouldn’t the young Finlaggan be strong competition in the ‘plushness’ stakes?
- Problems with both pro-indy and pro-union campaigns
I think you’re insulting Anne Baird.
- Cumberland Avenue Helensburgh 8.30am this morning – in go council contractors under police escort
Good news – but it’s unthinkable that the council won’t recover its costs (in full, including existing and future legal costs) from the ‘developers’.
powered by SEO Super Comments