Spring into Action is a great call to action.
We can feel the sap rising and a wee lift in the step that was never there in January.
The lady of the house has taken to moving things about in to different places – much hidden in a tall green object that has wheels and the council empties on a Monday here in Benderloch.
Not that I am complaining you understand, because as a wee bit of a hoarder – its a no bad idea to have management check the quality of my treasures.
So on March the 29th 2012 – here in the town of Oban is a chance to spring clean my ideas.
Spring into Action is an Informal afternoon for the community at the Argyllshire Gathering hall in Breadalbane Street.
Between 2pm and 6.30pm – Argyll Voluntary Action promises ….
- Guidance, support and fun activities
- Carer centre craft stall, toy cupboard – face painting, community stalls – from children to older people – support groups.
- Community action plan feedback from survey,
- Careers and comm. learning
- Fire service – home safety, and if not called out the fire engine!
- Homebaking, teas and coffees
- Prize draw
- Guidance surgeries for groups and volunteers – Protection of vulnerable people – What is regulated?
- Sticky wall – “connect with your community”
- Influencing Change – involving to devolving – Have a community idea but don’t know where to start? Want to get involved but don’t know how?
Home baking and coffee wins it for me. The chance to meet a good looking Fire and Rescue person and a prize draw would be enough to get many there.
What will it be for you I wonder?
With plenty to do and see and a few good ideas for springing into action – see you at the Argyllshire!!