Comment posted Waitrose has £325k on table for Tuesday planning hearing – and opposition rolls in by Crazy She-Bat.
Same source again – URTV:
The Council Planning Department and Waitrose have both spoken. The Planning Department say that the effects on the town centre could have been grossly underestimated by Waitrose’s retail impact survey and that they are maintaining that they recommend refusal of the application.
Waitrose still believe that the effects on the town centre will be negligible and they can mitigate them. Waitrose spokesperson, Martin Gorman, received a big round of applause for saying Helensburgh is crying out for a good quality food store.
Crazy She-Bat also commented
- From URTV again:
30 pro Waitrose representatives have spoken, including Councillor Vivien Dance and Community Councilman Nigel Harman. Now it’s over to the objectors.
- Copied from URTV’s Facebook page:
Final count is 693 letters of support to the council for Waitrose and 137 letters against, including a petition. There were also 7 miscellaneous letters.
- Apparently, Victoria Halls is currently packed to capacity with many people waiting outside as well to hear the verdict.
- I’d like to know PBP if this is your attitude towards For Argyll? or to Argyll itself?
Recent comments by Crazy She-Bat
- First Minister’s revelatory refusal to pay Scotland’s share of upkeep of Head of State
Additional verses near the bottom Lundavra
- Welcome to Argyll’s Loch Litter-side and to Loch Litter and the Tossers National Park
Don’t be blaming the kids. I can assure you that in the nearest school, the children do litter patrols around their school everyday and get quite annoyed at the rubbish thrown in the school by passing tourists and lager louts.
There is no reason that bins cannot be placed in these lay-bys and added to the council’s bin collection for the park – its done virtually everyday in Luss, so a couple more will only add a few minutes to the schedule.
- Jaw-dropping background to Gordon Brown’s intervention in saving the Union – Labour now on notice in Argyll & Bute
I’m quite sure the £325,000 Gordon Brown got for 2 days of speeches made it bearable for him too.
- Salmond departure only hope for healing in Scotland – successor cannot be Sturgeon
Wee torpedo in your predictions Karl – membership of the SNP has risen by 5000 in the last 48 hours. Seems like the result has only made it stronger.
- Indy: For Argyll live online to the result – with Gordon Harmer from Shetland
Danny Alexander saying about the animosity he has experienced during the campaign. I think that was animosity to you, not Better Together.
powered by SEO Super Comments