Comment posted Waitrose has £325k on table for Tuesday planning hearing – and opposition rolls in by Robert Wakeham.
I’d like to know what Councillor Currie wanted to do with the extra £420,000.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- We need a clear statement from the coumcil of how this mitigation sum was calculated, and how it will be committed.
- I thought ‘mitigation’ in the context of a supermarket proposal meant meeting the cost of any extra roadworks, pedestrian crossings etc made necessary by the extra traffic generated by the development. I’d like to know if some councillors took a more elastic view of the meaning of the word.
- We cope with bin collections once a week (or even fortnightly) so how about fancy supermarket visits once a week? – a Waitrose on a seagoing barge, serving the west coast – say from Helensburgh to Fort William, stopping off at Dunoon, Rothesay, Campbeltown, Oban, Fort William – and maybe Tobermory and Port Ellen alternate weeks. Just dreaming. At Helensburgh it would tie up at the pier, of course. The supermarket aisles would be cushioned with giant airbags to keep everything shipshape on passage, and maybe even giant gimbals would be effective.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Testing A83 Emergency Diversion – passed with distinction
There already is ‘some traction going’ according to the Glasgow Herald, a few days ago – reporting that the government is planning a mass tree planting programme on the vulnerable slopes.
- A83 resurfacing at Dunderave to start 16th March for 5 days
Five days doesn’t sound like much time to deal with the ropey stretches on this section of road, properly rather than just cosmetically.
- Oban Councillor raises issue of closure of town’s only play park
‘A zip wire and equipment for older kids’ could be useful additions to the Kilmory council chamber, to save time and keep people occupied.
- Scottish Parliament’s Justice Committee tries a decoy from the corroboration row
Perhaps the witness had a prosthetic brain.
- DFM’s gift to Dunoon-Gourock passenger ferry comes a cropper
Don’t jump to conclusions – past incidents of this type have sometimes been due to mechanical failure on the boat.
powered by SEO Super Comments