Comment posted Are tenant farmers, let down by bad law, also snagged in politics? by Islay for ever.
You are incredibly gullible and plain wrong if you think only Wiseman are cutting milk prices to farmers . Dairy Crest were first to do so and the rest are about to follow , with a strong possibility prices may be as low as 22 pence per litre to farmers by this autumn .
Islay for ever also commented
- Further depressing news for tenant dairy farmers , with Wisemans confirming another 1.7 pence per litre price cut from 1st August and other dairy companies set to follow resulting in the biggest ever gap between the cost of production and the price received by farmers .
- You bury your head in the sand if you like , today Arla is the latest milk processor to drop the price paid to farmers by two pence per litre .
- Tenant farmers throughout the country will be feeling more despondent than ever with the news that dairy companies are cutting 2 pence per litre from the price the farmers receive
Recent comments by Islay for ever
- Insights for Argyll and the Isles in CalMac’s annual carrying figures
Previous information, though I’m not sure of the source , suggested a start date of Friday 4th April 2014 for the Ardrossan – Campbeltown route ,I have it written in my diary , now the date is confirmed as 1st May 2014 .
To state the residents of Campbeltown agreed to the present timetable is stretching matters . The townspeople were informed the same timetable was operating again this year , who was consulted about it is a mystery though local councillors would be involved , surely ?
Regardless of these shortcomings , there is no doubting the benefit to the area of the extra visitors and it would be churlish not to acknowledge the ferry is good for Kintyre and is a valuable asset which can grow in importance , witness nearly 3/4 million passengers carried to Arran .
- UK response to the Russia-Crimea situation: selfies, posturing and dangerous old hat
Every story carried in the mainstream media about Russia is a negative one .
- Testing A83 Emergency Diversion – passed with distinction
That is dreadful news for all those who have to travel between 7.30pm and 7am and unacceptable to many people travelling the long distance from Kintyre .
- Oban South and the Isles to ready for by-election as Councillor Hall stands down
I applaud Fred Hall for recognising the damage done to our justice system by the SNP and for having the courage to force a by-election .
However , re electing a disillusioned SNP is unlikely to be in the best interests of Ward 4 as we have seen time and again how nationalist councillors slip in and out of the SNP as it suits them .
Only yesterday I was hearing on ArgyllFM’s magazine show how united the SNP are …. yes seriously !
- Campbeltown Picture House appoints design team
Excellent news , the transparency is so welcome and a complete contrast to the largely secret workings of the Machrihanish Airbase Community Company .
powered by SEO Super Comments