Comment posted Support Argyll’s single Olympic torchbearer at Tarbet on 9th June by Robert Wakeham.
If you wonder why none of four Argyll torchbearers are carrying the torch in their own territory, I wonder why a considerable number of the torchbearers in South Devon on Sunday were from France, resident in France. Some sort of sponsorship deal?
Robert Wakeham also commented
- There’s a surprising number of ‘dislikes’ in this thread, and I wonder if there’s a juvenile mindset that thinks it’s clever to disapprove of everything?
- Don’t look now, but I suspect that there’s a serial ‘thumbsdowner’ at work, Ken.
- If the first few days are anything to go by, it sticks to roads – main roads at that – and travels by bus between communities.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- More ‘productive’ discussions with UK government ministers for Western and Northern Isles
Actually, Sokay, the Nazi invasion never took place in the 1940s, either; where d’you think we’d be today if it had?
- Today’s travel updates
The A83 is apparently being closed overnight sometime soon at Kilmory, outside Lochgilphead, for resurfacing (yet again) the stretch with inadequate sub-base at Red Lodge, but the Traffic Scotland website indicates convoy working on the night of 22nd – 23rd April, between Lochgair and Lochgilphead, at Brackley, West Lochgilphead, for a high friction surface to be applied.
At least some of this information is computer generated nonsense – but how much?
- 50th anniversary of first west coast car ferry – from LOLOs to ROROs and DODOs
Wouldn’t the young Finlaggan be strong competition in the ‘plushness’ stakes?
- Problems with both pro-indy and pro-union campaigns
I think you’re insulting Anne Baird.
- Cumberland Avenue Helensburgh 8.30am this morning – in go council contractors under police escort
Good news – but it’s unthinkable that the council won’t recover its costs (in full, including existing and future legal costs) from the ‘developers’.
powered by SEO Super Comments