Comment posted Support Argyll’s single Olympic torchbearer at Tarbet on 9th June by Robert Wakeham.
If you wonder why none of four Argyll torchbearers are carrying the torch in their own territory, I wonder why a considerable number of the torchbearers in South Devon on Sunday were from France, resident in France. Some sort of sponsorship deal?
Robert Wakeham also commented
- There’s a surprising number of ‘dislikes’ in this thread, and I wonder if there’s a juvenile mindset that thinks it’s clever to disapprove of everything?
- Don’t look now, but I suspect that there’s a serial ‘thumbsdowner’ at work, Ken.
- If the first few days are anything to go by, it sticks to roads – main roads at that – and travels by bus between communities.
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- 4 decades on, new report literally takes stock of jellyfish in UK waters
‘…can be kept as pets’ – are they affectionate?
- Chancellor announces £19 million for life sciences in Glasgow to Commonwealth Games business audience
And these publicly funded enterprises would be more successful than the Portavadie platform building yard, would they?
- Transport Scotland confirms repair plans with Historic Scotland for Fort William’s Old Fort
Not sure how it falls within the remit of Transport Scotland, there must be more to this story than is apparent.
- Triumph for Helensbugh CHORD as Summer Festival gets going
There is inspiration in this country – for example a SAGE (Sow and Grow Everywhere) project in Glasgow on Shuttle Street, making use of an empty site where the new academic research buildings are going up just east of the Merchant City – where the Greyfriars Garden ‘pop up allotment’ that hasn’t popped down again (yet) is open the next two weekends 12 midday to 4 pm.
- British Virgin Islands presents stamp to HMS Argyll in tribute to long relationship
I think you just have to put it down to Willie indulging in a mega-whinge day – not so much a bee in his bonnet as one of those American killer hornets.
powered by SEO Super Comments