Comment posted SNP need to back off the ‘Anti-Scottish’ tactic by phill.
Def hit a nerve here.
phill also commented
- He probably wasnt a wise choice in the first place, and thats where the beeb got it wrong. As for Andrew marr i think he’s pretty good at getting them all ruffled and thats what he’s there for surely.
- Lol @ Neil Macintyre, well said!
I wouldnt defend ‘bullying’ from any quarter, and firmly believe that use of that tactic renders any assosciated opinion less effective. You cant reason with a bully.
- The pro independents need to take criticism on the chin and also handle ‘wind ups’ similarly. Too much anger coming out of this. Forargyll have in general been supportive (some would say unstinting!)of the work SNP have done particularly regarding impotant local issues where along with the likes of ‘Argyllfirst’ have captured the gist of what people want. When they (FA) point out perceived weaknesses, it has to be dealt with maturely by nationalists. Some commentators posting here are or have been official officebearers in the SNP and should know how to deal with criticism better. In general constant references to ‘London’ this and ‘Westminster’ that make folk wonder how you will handle things when going it alone. You are winning the battle so far but must act responsibly when the likes of forargyll (who have been supportive in pointing out much good in snp locally) occasionally suggest things could be handled better.
Alex Salmond is by far the best operator for some time and has pulled the party up. It is only yours to lose. Many folk like me know Scotland will be a great country, as it always has been irrespective of 2014, so come on convince us, but for goodness sake keep the heid.
- This is where the SNP need to sort out the rough edges. I feel they will have a succesful referendum result, but really need to grow up and take it on the chin at times.
In politics no one is expected to have a neverending purple patch!
Recent comments by phill
- New SNP group leader unable to keep the sheep in the pen
Dave Three names ‘
- Council latest
Duncan would be perfectly capable of giving a period of stability. Experienced, and a match for anyone. Done lots of good over many years in the community and in the Council.
- Update on SNP meeting
But now that the’re icompetent beyoond belief??
- Update on SNP meeting
Why on earth would anyone other than SNP diehards vote for Cllr Taylor, when the man for the job is Cllr Walsh. Streets ahead and streetwise. The snp blew it big style. Their time will come again but definately not right now. They done like each other, so how can they pull on behalf of constituents.
- Walsh to lead all but Lib Dems, Conservatives and George Freeman
Dick Walsh is nothing if not astute. Things will be more honest and upfront which is a sad indicment on the SNP who bottled it big time.
The Alliance of Independence at least faced the financial crisis face on and to be honest somewhere along the line there are going to be hard pills to swallow.
At least we will be told straight and no messing.
powered by SEO Super Comments