Comment posted SNP need to back off the ‘Anti-Scottish’ tactic by phill.
Def hit a nerve here.
phill also commented
- He probably wasnt a wise choice in the first place, and thats where the beeb got it wrong. As for Andrew marr i think he’s pretty good at getting them all ruffled and thats what he’s there for surely.
- Lol @ Neil Macintyre, well said!
I wouldnt defend ‘bullying’ from any quarter, and firmly believe that use of that tactic renders any assosciated opinion less effective. You cant reason with a bully.
- The pro independents need to take criticism on the chin and also handle ‘wind ups’ similarly. Too much anger coming out of this. Forargyll have in general been supportive (some would say unstinting!)of the work SNP have done particularly regarding impotant local issues where along with the likes of ‘Argyllfirst’ have captured the gist of what people want. When they (FA) point out perceived weaknesses, it has to be dealt with maturely by nationalists. Some commentators posting here are or have been official officebearers in the SNP and should know how to deal with criticism better. In general constant references to ‘London’ this and ‘Westminster’ that make folk wonder how you will handle things when going it alone. You are winning the battle so far but must act responsibly when the likes of forargyll (who have been supportive in pointing out much good in snp locally) occasionally suggest things could be handled better.
Alex Salmond is by far the best operator for some time and has pulled the party up. It is only yours to lose. Many folk like me know Scotland will be a great country, as it always has been irrespective of 2014, so come on convince us, but for goodness sake keep the heid.
- This is where the SNP need to sort out the rough edges. I feel they will have a succesful referendum result, but really need to grow up and take it on the chin at times.
In politics no one is expected to have a neverending purple patch!
Recent comments by phill
- Resignation-triggered by-election for Oban North and Lorn
Cllr Breslin; Ian Angus MacDonald may well have been scunered and a perceptive individual but he certainly has left the stage to the sound of his own footsteps. I also hope that Andrew Vennard stands as he is buliding up a respectable share of the vote and is not afraid to stand by his principles. I voted for him last time and will do so again. Never thought i would but there you go.
- Agreement on fiscal framework looks like Davidson proposal
Hugh Jazz, can you not debate in a sensible manner. Im afraid you have become an irritation for most posters of all sides and no side. Tedious and and i would imagine an embarasment for the party you would have us believe you support.
I have for some years now enjoyed healthy debate about many subjects on ‘forargyll’ and have until recently been generally impressed by the respect shown to posters of differing views.
You can do better.
- 34% turnout sees SNP candidate elected to Argyll & Bute Council on fourth count – but the story of the night is the Conservative success
First time I have voted Conservative, and probably as much to do with the stability and clearly defined policies at national level as for the commitment of the local candidate (Andrew Vennard). I have to agree with Newsroom on this occasion that currently Labour and Liberal Democrat are not ticking the boxes and the Conservative Party have beleive it or not become more appealling.
I also admire Tom Hayward for commenting above re the attiude of some Snp posters on here.
- Shock as Oban Express sold
- 5th Scottish Conservative MSP stands down for 2016
Agree that Annabel Goldie was good for democracy in Scotland, a fair minded person, and an asset to the Hollyrood parliament. Best wishes to her. Never been Tory minded but she was very straight to the point, and i enjoyed her skill in the debates.
powered by SEO Super Comments
Anti scottish · Argyll · Aryan · BNP · independecne · independence referendum · Joan McAlpine MSP · Liz Smith · Michael Russell MSP · SNP · spindoctor · tuition fees