Comment posted Opposition evaluations of three year council budget by Treble T.
Thank you for your comments.
Neil Macintyre should get his facts right before giving “duff” information regarding rural libraries in the Helensburgh and Lomond area being open for business.
I would like to know when the remainder of Argyll & Bute will be getting their general waste (domestic) bins emptied on a fortnightly basis as they currently are in Islay, Mull and Helensburgh.
I am sure you can see the trend, “out of site out of mind” as far as Kilmory is concerned!
Treble T also commented
- Council taxpayers living around Helensburgh are lucky to still have small libraries. Council taxpayers in other parts of Argyll & Bute who pay the same council tax as those in the Helensburgh area have to make do with a mobile library. The sooner every council taxpayer receives the same services (good or bad) from Argyll & Bute Council the better.
Recent comments by Treble T
- David MacBrayne Group publishes annual report and accounts
The punctuality figures are bit of a joke.
If a ferry is no more than 15 minutes late that counts as it arriving on time. Too bad if you are a foot passenger who finds that their connecting bus has departed because their ferry arrived 14 minutes later than timetabled.
- Swinney creates fairer levy for Land and Buildings Transaction Tax
This looks like a typical left wing Labour budget.
There is no extra benefit to the Scottish public as the extra money raised will be deducted from the block grant received from Westminster.
- Game changing intervention as Labour candidate resolves Argyll black hole for mobile phone signal
I would have thought that it was patently obvious that the RBS mobile bank which is permanently based on Islay would visit Port Ellen after the branch closes in November 2014.
The RBS mobile bank current serves the Rhinns area of Islay on a Monday and travels to Jura on a Wednesday.
Therefore it is available to visit Port Ellen on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday if required.
For the record I do not work for RBS but I have worked full time on a mobile bank in another part of Scotland.
- Watch this: Shetland’s CURE for cuts in rural education
One of the joys of living on a small remote island.
- MacAskill damaging record at Justice and Policing but right on Megrahi
I think that MacAskill will be punted as Justice Secretary when Sturgeon takes over.
powered by SEO Super Comments