Comment posted RIP Helensburgh town centre: Waitrose out of town location approved by Graeme mccormick.
And all because the lady couldn’t buy pak chow
Graeme mccormick also commented
- siting Waitrose in east Helensburgh will not increase football to the town. Nor will it create new jobs. As the consumer spend is finite all it means is that some money spent in Helensburgh but more likely in Dumbarton will now be spent in Waitrose.
Consequently any jobs created at Waitrose will result in fewer jobs in Asda and Morrisons in Dumbarton.
bearing in mind that Dumbarton is the third poorest area in Scotland is there not a moral imperative on us to support Dumbarton where the loss of up to 180 jobs will have a devastating effect on these families who in all probability struggle much more than most Helensburgh families?
Recent comments by Graeme mccormick
- Cybernats savage Paul MacCartney for ‘Let’s stay together’ plea
I thought Stella was married in Bute. If you can’t tell your As from yourBs there’s no hope.
Jim Murphy has never finished anything in his life. 9 years at university and no degree.
Why should he be more important than any other Labpur politician? Looking at some of them I suppose the crate wouldn’t take their weight.
- On nationalism
If you believe in a British state you are a British nationalist. If you believe in a Scottish state you are a Scottish nationalist.
It’s really quite simple.
The challenge for the former is how do they make the transition in their minds in the event of a yes vote ? Do they accept it, campaign against it or seek sanctuary in the South?
- Sunday Times commissioned study on indy setup costs
I can guarantee your pensions because the Scottish government believes and practices fairness. It does not renege on legal commitments. Did Mrs Thatcher guarantee your pension when she allowed the pension funds to take a contribution holiday or when Gordon Brown taxed the funds?
Why is it the Daily Telegraph asked last October that if you had invested the same amount in pension contributions in the Netherlands your pension would be 50% higher than in the UK.?
- Issues of judgment in pro-union television advertisements and in those licensed to sign them off
He also dropped his sister in it! Nice guy!
- Councillors Breslin and Marshall at Cowal Gathering to champion Revive The Clyde campaign
Great initiative! Part of the wider campaign to make the Clyde a global sustainable port.
powered by SEO Super Comments