Comment posted RIP Helensburgh town centre: Waitrose out of town location approved by Graeme mccormick.
And all because the lady couldn’t buy pak chow
Graeme mccormick also commented
- siting Waitrose in east Helensburgh will not increase football to the town. Nor will it create new jobs. As the consumer spend is finite all it means is that some money spent in Helensburgh but more likely in Dumbarton will now be spent in Waitrose.
Consequently any jobs created at Waitrose will result in fewer jobs in Asda and Morrisons in Dumbarton.
bearing in mind that Dumbarton is the third poorest area in Scotland is there not a moral imperative on us to support Dumbarton where the loss of up to 180 jobs will have a devastating effect on these families who in all probability struggle much more than most Helensburgh families?
Recent comments by Graeme mccormick
- BBC indy debate: incoherent uncontrolled unedifying bear pit
I think you’ll find that over the piece Darling spoke longer than Salmond and interrupted more.
His use of the third person reminded me of my grandma who always called my grandpa “Him” even to his face!
I did think Loretto would have taught Darling some manners. Is it still rude to point?
The whole debate was a triumph for democracy. The whole country is alive with debate. Whatever one’s individual views share the passion and the dynamic.
The exception ot the rule was the BT meeting in Helensburgh last night which could have passed for a Funeral Plan promotional event.
- Auld acquaintances of Scottish art discovered at Glasgow’s Leiper Gallery
First rate gallery next door to Anta, another example of Scottish art and design with global appeal.
Can’t wait to seeScots embassies abroad promoting the best of their nation as the Finns do.
- Airprox Board report reveals ‘potentially disastrous’ near miss off Gigha
Methinks the British Establishment is still of the mind: no great mischief if they fall!
Roll on independence!
- Salmond pledge at Arbroath: seriously crackpot stuff
Sacrifice is the mark of a true Patriot. Remember William Wallace. AS is being hung, drawn and quartered by BT . However he can take it. AS attacks opponents on their policies not on their personalities.
To suggest he is crackpot implies that a lot of Scots voters are fools for voting SNP. I don’t consider Unionist politicians crackpot.
This sort of irresponsible comment by the media plays into the hands of extremists. I have some concern that some will not accept the decision with grace.
We all have a duty to argue on principal and not play the messenger.
- One month to go and in one day – Scottish Government announces almost £7 million of community funding
Leeds is bigger than Glasgow.
powered by SEO Super Comments