“the colonial days before the Holyrood government” I, and …

Comment posted A83 to stay closed for now by W.S..

“the colonial days before the Holyrood government”
I, and I should think most proud Scots, find it deeply insulting that you, Robert, should imply that our country was ever a colony (of England I presume?).
The implications of calling Scotland a colony besmearches the honour of our ancestors.
I was born and brought up in a British colony in The West Indies, of an old Scottish plantation family. I know exactly what a colony is. Scotland was never a colony.

Recent comments by W.S.

• Scotland’s Future: from the Referendum to Independence and a Written Constitution
    If the current polls are to be believed then all we need is for everyone who already knows they will be voting NO to persuade one other person over the next 18 months and there will be a totally overwhelmimg majority for remaining British.

I wonder when the NO vote comes if the cybernats will move to Iceland or Norway ?

Or another North European country all of which are so different from us culturally, historically, financialy and with totally different mindsets to us Scots ?

You’ll find that its the poster not the post getting the thumbs down.

Check everything that you and your aliases post; immediate multiple thumbs downs. People here are fed up with trolls like you.

Okay, I followed your suggestion and very quickly spotted that Webcraft goes by the name of NickB***** and operates ScotsRenewables.

Your BicNee username then connects logically.

Since you suggested it a further google search brings up all your other usernames clearly connected to you eg Crimson Vicar comes up as the moderator of a small community website run by Webcraft.

Sure Newsroom knows who you are. I guess everyone does now thanks to your suggestion to google Webcraft.

However the point is that you have clearly breached Terms and Conditions by posting here using multiple different usernames.

Why do you do this?

>>> “so I think I’ll stick to the grown ups web sites where serious debate on serious issues in conducted.” <<<

Almost exactly the words ScotsRenewables used when he pretended to flounce off after a couple of long rants about perceived anti-Independence/SNP bias on here.

FofS then (re)appeared on here a week or so later and carried on in exactly the same way as SR.

….and of course its easy to prove the connection further between SR, Webcraft, NickB, BicNee, and Crimson Vicar by just doing a google search for one of the first two.

Troll says >>>”WS: Get a life. I don’t think I have never even met Webcraft – though from his previous posts I know who he is.” <<<

You've never met yourself !!!

You've been outed by others, not just me, as posting on here using multiple user names just as you used to on the Oban Times forum.

What do we have? a right trollicking collection:
    Feltcher of Soltoun
    Webcraft
    Scots Renewables
    NickB
    Crimson Vicar
    BicNee
    …..and others.

The giveaway is the shared obsessions and shared insulting posting style of all above. Shared; I mean exactly the same.

Many of us have sussed you. Newsroom probably tolerates you for the amusement factor, but not for much longer I reckon if you keep insulting her under whatever username you happen to be trolling with..

22 Responses to “the colonial days before the Holyrood government” I, and …

1. Pingback: Argyll News: Today’s travel updates | For Argyll

2. ‘They can detect movement but of course they cannot stop it’
    This is exactly why this route has to be upgraded to cope with movement, and until this is done the government is likely to be seen as increasingly useless.

3. I see that ForArgyll is saying that the rest will be closed until tomorrow but the Transport Scotland site just says it will be closed “Foreseeable future. Further information will be posted as it becomes available”, which bears out my point in a previous post! Where do you get your information from? Regardless of any plans to resolve the problems at the Rest just being able to access up to date information from the official source would make my life easier!

The same thing applied during the recent power outages. The information provided by the power companies was woeful and what information they did provide was inaccurate or out of date. I would have been happy to have been told that the power would probably be off for 5 days – at least we could have planned ahead rather than simply sitting around waiting!

• No, Simon, the ‘sole responsibility’ lies with a whole succession of administrations stretching back to the colonial days before the Holyrood government – landslips and rockfalls are nothing new on this road.

• “the colonial days before the Holyrood government”

• W.S.: I appreciate and understand your horror, but the fact is that – pre-Holyrood – Scotland was latterly governed by one person who from recollection was responsible for the full range of central government ministerial functions save foreign policy and defence. There seemed to me to be a distinct whiff of colonialism about that arrangement.

4. Blah blah blah Robert. How long have the SNP had to fix this? How many landslips on their watch?

They bailed out Edinburgh trams qucik enough – building a new Forth crossing…… zilch for Argyll in comparison :)

• The trouble is, Simon, there’s obviously no really rapid ‘fix’; it does seem that work has started on developing a realistic strategy to fix it, and what should be a mystery is why it wasn’t initiated at least a decade ago.
      But it’s not a mystery, given the astonishing neglect of the nearby A82 between Tarbet and Ardlui, and I can remember just how bad the traffic problems were allowed to get before the same road was rebuilt from the Vale of Leven up to Tarbet. There seems to be a British cultural mindset that puts infrastructure on the back burner, especially in an area that many national politicians might have perceived as irrelevant to their greater glory and prosperity. Don’t start me on Edinburgh trams – a very worthwhile project that would have been straightforward elsewhere in Europe but somehow got utterly mishandled in Scotland.

• It could get to the stage (if it hasn’t already) that the BBC 5-day weather forecast becomes essental reading to assess whether the road to Glasgow is likely to be usable or not.
      It’s one thing for ferries to be regularly disrupted by bad weather, but for this road to suffer likewise would be intolerable.

• The trouble is Simon, you’re not my teacher, the council’s got little or nothing to do with the landslide problems at the Rest, and regarding the way councillors voted on something I know no more than you and so can offer no enlightenment. You could try asking your teacher.

5. Thanks Robert. So after all your huff and puff – you’ve nothing to offer.

Fact remains though – the sole responsibility for the ongoing debacles at the Rest – lies solely with this SNP Government.

• Correction, Simon, ‘rests with the inaction of successive governments’ – not like you to let anyone off the hook, is it? And if you want to conflate this problem with other issues, perhaps we’ll eventually be subjected to the ‘final solution’ of you rolling all your various concerns into one huge rambling question to be addressed to all and sundry on whatever threads come to hand irrespective of relevance? – you could get an endless series of non-answers to make hay with.

• How does Simon manage to come across as one of those people you meet in the pub who is just looking for an argument? About anything! We’ve all met them. Usually you just drink up and go somewhere else to get away from them. Next day you hear that somebody punched his lights out.

6. What a load of pointless political hot air. I have yet to see any political hot air which isn’t pointless mark you. It rained violently. The problematic mountain shifted again. Nobody’s fault – in fact, really bad luck considering the stabilisation job was pretty good. It is a real problem but they are looking at permanent solutions. Good. End of.

7. The BBC 5 Day weather forecast is not always accurate. It did not forecast the storms on 3rd January 2012 until the last minute. The best forecast to use is magicseaweed.com with has seperate charts for wind and pressure for the next 180 hours ( seven and a half days).