Comment posted Argyll and Bute Council: the empire strikes back with Argyll facing worst of all options by Islay for ever.
Just a shame Donald Kelly hasn’t remained “committed” to the Unionist cause which he stood for only 3 weeks ago
Islay for ever also commented
- To my knowledge the case of Councillor Donald Kelly is unprecedented . Elected under the Conservative and Unionist banner , he refuses to join his fellow party councillors’ group , advises the electorate in Dunoon to vote SNP when there is a Conservative and Unionist candidate standing and now stands on the threshold of handing power in Argyll & Bute to the SNP who have 13 councillors against 23 non SNP
- Councillor Donald Kelly’s political future will be decided tomorrow . Join the SNP coalition and he will never again be allowed to stand as the Conservative and Unionist candidate , indeed he will have a Conservative and Unionist candidate to fight at the next election ,with the result either a knockout of Kelly or a split vote and Kelly is out with his reputation in tatters .
Do what his voters expect tomorrow ,ie vote against the SNP and he will be assured of victory at the next election and be secure as a councillor for as long as he wishes .
Recent comments by Islay for ever
- Argyll and Bute Council Coalition Cup 2013: runners and riders
Has jockey Donald Kelly given up trying to ride two horses at once ?
Elected as a Conservative & Unionist he prefers now to be known as Argyll First .
- First Minister’s choice not to condemn mob behaviour proves Farage point
The issue is not whether people like Nigel Farage , the issue is whether we live in a country where we have free speech .
Clearly , there are people in Scotland , in this case left wingers who support separation who believe their opponents should be silenced by violence if necessary .
Worrying and disgusting as that fact is , the most disturbing aspect of this episode has been the response from what could be called the establishment in Scotland .
The First Minister , other MSPs including all the SNP MSPS ,Green MSP Patrick Harvie , BBC Scotland , Scottish Socialists and too many others have failed completely to defend the right of an individual to free speech against the threats of a mob . Indeed , some have clearly relished the fact that an Englishman got roughed up in broad daylight in one of Scotland’s main public spaces .
Sadly we are all the losers . Many like our friend above will now see Scotland as a place to avoid , as an inward looking anti English intolerant land .
Representatives and supporters of the Conservative Party in Scotland have long had to suffer personal abuse , threats and intimidation from these sorts of people and now it appears as if the terror has spread from attacks in cyberspace and on the Conservative Party to anyone who dares to challenge the Tommy Sheridan view of how Scotland should be .
Perhaps we should not be surprised when we have a so called Justice Minister who openly flouted the law over the Community Charge . When Ministers start choosing which laws to obey then the future for our country is bleak and a wave of emigration the likely outcome if they were ever to achieve their ambition of a one party state .
- Council latest: meaning well is not enough
Who can forget all the talk of the “progressives” gaining control of Argyll & Bute after the last local elections .
It appears to me , rather than progress the area is going backwards at speed .
- Finally, SNP Government delivers a passenger ferry capable of seeing off Western Ferries
I’m surprised Michael Russell MSP hasn’t issued a press release warmly welcoming this news and heaping praise on the Dear Leader Alex Salmond for giving us a taste of what life could be like if all opposition was wiped out .
Still nothing to say Michael Russell MSP about the cuts in bed numbers at Campbeltown Hospital from 32 to 21 ??
- Andy Hemmings on Campbeltown methadone clinic
People have to travel from Kintyre all the way to Vale of Leven every few days for kidney dialysis .
It would suit the SNP administration better to provide dialysis in Lochgilphead rather than prioritising scarce resources on addicts , many of whom have no connection with Campbeltown at all other than having been dumped in the town .
powered by SEO Super Comments