Comment posted RIP Helensburgh town centre: Waitrose out of town location approved by newsroom.
Those who wished for and worked for the decision taken today are now obligated to work to demonstrate that this will indeed rejuvenate the town centre.
You will be judged on the success you are confident you can achieve.
And, in the interests of Helensburgh, we wish you well, without equivocation, in proving our prognosis wrong.
newsroom also commented
- And we are happy to testify to how good those delis are.
- There remains the issue of their professional planning officers’ recommendations.
Who would put planning decisions in the hands of the first fleet of woodentops rushing to approve it today?
That’s exactly what has been done.
Recent comments by newsroom
- Welcome for movement on the Oban CHORD project money
Could not agree more.
The council’s management [?] of the CHORD project will go down as one of the longest shaggy dog stories in local authority history.
- Michael Russell’s message to Argyll
Curriculum for Excellence was indeed introduced by Mr Russell’s predecessor, Fiona Hyslop.
He is not responsible for its origins but he is responsible for implementing it.
The one who finally hits the ‘Go’ button is the one responsible for the consequences.
It is immediately obvious that CfE is a content free zone and a jargon riddled notion,
You have only to go to its website and try to make sense of what it says about itself and try to make reason of it.
Mr Russell as the incoming Education Secretary had the opportunity and the authority to bin CfE – but did not.
It is Scotland’s young people and Scotland’s future who will pay for the patent inadequacies of CfE imposed upon it through the superficial engagement of these two ministers.
- New Bute-built landing craft for Scottish Salmon Company – and a name tied to Tarbert
Quite correct. North Bute Primary is in Port Bannatyne and is the only primary school there – and we took a descriptive short cut. Apologies.
- Oban Winter Festival neglected in government promotion of Scotland’s Winter Festivals
So why not include the existing rail service from Glasgow to Oban within the Winter Festival rail access promotion?
- Russell gazumps new First Minister’s Cabinet reshuffle announcement
‘Leaving government’ simply means no longer having a ministerial post.
powered by SEO Super Comments