Comment posted Misleading instructions to voters: is Duncan Macintyre trawling for 4th preference votes? by phill.
I was stating that voters want to identify with one councillor in a smaller more personal ward, (irrespective of affiliation). Michael Nobles case you specify was 50 years ago, and things have changed considerably for the better, particularly the modest salary and expenses paid that allow people from all walks to put themselves forward. this is true democracy.
However, i would think in south oban ward the 4 would be, R McCuish, S Macintyre, N Macintrye, and F Hall.
In the other ward E Robertson, L Glen-lee, D Macintyre, R Rutherford.
delighted to set the ball rolling Ken
Now would you like to predict who will get in?
phill also commented
- That will be a surpridse that you can not respond to a request that you are happy to put to others.
Cmn Ken, what are you scared off.
- Ive predicted as you asked ken, now how about you.
- Wow! Thats what youre up against here Neil- 4 thumbs down for dare critcise a turncoat. I like ‘forargyll’ but is not a representative cross section of opinion, and to be fair doesnt pretend to be. Good luck to you.
- That is certainly an alternative view Ken from what i beliieve most voters want. One member per ‘smaller’ ward .
- 100% Neil
Recent comments by phill
- New SNP group leader unable to keep the sheep in the pen
Dave Three names ‘
- Council latest
Duncan would be perfectly capable of giving a period of stability. Experienced, and a match for anyone. Done lots of good over many years in the community and in the Council.
- Update on SNP meeting
But now that the’re icompetent beyoond belief??
- Update on SNP meeting
Why on earth would anyone other than SNP diehards vote for Cllr Taylor, when the man for the job is Cllr Walsh. Streets ahead and streetwise. The snp blew it big style. Their time will come again but definately not right now. They done like each other, so how can they pull on behalf of constituents.
- Walsh to lead all but Lib Dems, Conservatives and George Freeman
Dick Walsh is nothing if not astute. Things will be more honest and upfront which is a sad indicment on the SNP who bottled it big time.
The Alliance of Independence at least faced the financial crisis face on and to be honest somewhere along the line there are going to be hard pills to swallow.
At least we will be told straight and no messing.
powered by SEO Super Comments