Comment posted Argyll First celebrate unanimous decision to return power to full council by Jnr Tick.
“When they finish the champagne , Argyll First might like to reflect on the fact , that thanks to them ,power in Argyll & Bute rests with a tightly whipped SNP group controlled by Michael Russell and SNP high command hellbent on destroying the United Kingdom as their number one priority”
Islay for ever, you say the SNP are hellbent on destroying the UK? It is not and never has been the SNP’s aims to have the UK’s best interests at heart. The clue to the SNP’s intentions or motives is in the the S and the N, the interests of Scotland the Nation. It is not to destroy the UK, why should they have any interest in the UK? The SNP, for their sins, a real Scottish political party who’s interets are solely for the people who reside in Scotland. If you are looking to apportion blame for the demise in the UK and its, in my opinion, eventual disintegration, take a long hard look at where we are today, the embarrassing and ever widening gap between rich and poor, depravation in our towns and cities, lack of opportunity for graduates/school leavers, retention and maintenance of the abhorent wmd’s at Faslane, lack of respect for authority, drug addiction, I could go on and on. All these ails whilst being governed by Westminster Tory, Labour, Tory, Labour,Tory when will we break this cycle, come on the level headed people of Scotland, time to put this wonderful country right, to lead the way. If a party looking after the interests of its county’s residents has the knock on effect of ‘destroying the UK’ then so be it, but the SNP cannot be blamed for the intentions it came into existence for in 1934.
Jnr Tick also commented
- Just wondering where in my reply to ‘Islay for ever’s’ post did I mention the word instantly? Independence might however go some way to solving people’s inability to quote from posts accurately by getting Scotland’s education system back to the way it used to be, revered throughout the world. Sadly, like many other things here in Scotland, eroding, gradually becomming mediocre. Given time, in an Independent Scotland whichever government, be it Labour, Conservative, SNP or other, can implement real change, change that can revolutionise the way we all live, get back a sense of pride in where we live and who we are instead of a future of generations who are disassociated, disillusioned apathetic to anything that really matters in life. Jim B, what do people like yourself expect to see in a future Scotland as part of this wonderful UK? more of the same?, except even more of a decline I think. Why? Because the Unionists of this country, Scotland, expect radical change for the better will surely happen some time, some year, some decade, just keep putting the same old Westminster Labour then Tory governments in down south and they’ll see us all right, time to be brave and believe in your fellow countrymen and women that together here in Scotland we have both the resources and the intellect to make it work. I’m quite young, but admittedly and ashamedly have been naive to think Scotland lacked the attributes I have just mentioned for long enough, read to many rags, believed too many ill-informed anti-Independence people, but since the invention of platforms such as this, many of the myths of ‘paradise Union’ and ‘poor skint havnae got the intelligence Scotland’ can be quickly and easily dispelled. Incidently, the contempt shown to us by both the media and Westminster’s misinforming leaves a nasty taste in the mouth creating individualls like myself who will follow the Independence goal until my dying breath, if neccessary.
Recent comments by Jnr Tick
- Labour commits to full replacement of Trident submarines
You had the opportunity to ensure once and for all with one simple cross that never again would Tory policies be inflicted upon ‘Patriotic Scots’, in fact all citizens of Scotland, by using your spine and voting for Scotland to take responsibility last September.
You chose not to, so expose us in Scotland to that very same risk yet have the audacity to blame SNP!
- Labour commits to full replacement of Trident submarines
You wouldn’t be one of those in a packed Ibrox singing in unison vulgar songs about Bobby Sands or the Pope would you Ian or are you by chance one of the very odd ones out?
I used to attend the odd Rangers game at Ibrox in my youth but the venom reverberating from every corner of the stands turned my stomach and wasn’t long before I cut all ties fearing any accusations of even the slightest association.
“The Labour stance is fantastic news for Gibraltar and southern Spain which will see the benefit of all that investment and jobs from the UK Government”
I as an SNP supporter and member believe “fantastic news” is when Scotland, the country I like to put first (not Spain or Gibraltar) benefits through investment and jobs.
More and more Scotland focused people thankfully share this view.
- Forget tactical voting for unity. Forget the coming of the one-party state. Your party matters more?
“So you think the nats, who have been 3rd in the past 3 General Elections are going to win in A&B?”
Not just contributors on here, the bookies have an SNP win in A&B at 1/16 ON! Unbettable, racing horse certainties. Latest poll I saw for A&B was -
SNP Brendan O’Hara – 40%
Tories Alasdair Redman – 20%
Then the also rans, Labour’s Galbraith, Reid & Santos.
This might explain the ridiculously short price for an SNP victory in A&B.
An elderly ex-nurse who I spoke to during the referendum advised she had never voted before but was going to vote NO in the referendum to retain the union. She has since advised she will continue not to bother voting in this GE or any future election as firstly, the SNP aren’t offering the choice to break up the union and secondly if and when they do she will then exercise her right to reject independence. “There is no threat of Scottish independence until the choice is offered to us”.
If this Daily Mail reading determined British Nationalist can see through the faux threat the unionist parties claim then this may be a fairly accurate representation of other NO voters mindset throughout Scotland other than the even more gullible amongst them. It might give weight to the reasons we have such a weak collaborative weasel like unionist vote (not just in A&B, throughout Scotland) and explaining the reasons the bookies have offered such generous odds on an Alan Reid, Alasdair Redman or Mary Galbraith victory.
- Helensburgh parties dispute over ‘For Argyll poll’
“It is more than likely to be the last General Election in the United Kingdom of which we have been a part for over 300 years”
A very long shot, where has our additional 6% come from since 19th Sept? Way too risky to bring another along too soon after the narrow NO vote.
Far from being the threat to the union so often claimed, this faux threat is simply used as desperate vote magnets for the tories & Lib Dems, not to mention a grand excuse for Labour to point the finger should they not manage to wrangle power. This and the 2016 Scottish election doesn’t and won’t offer Scotland another independence referendum.
2021 a much more realistic probability imo.
- Dear Alex…
Speaking of tribal warfare.
Wonder whether the Express or Daily Mail will feature this or is it only vile cybernats they want to bring to their readership’s attention?
powered by SEO Super Comments