Comment posted New local leader, Roddy McCuish, says SNP has moved from protest to progress by Robert Wakeham.
Gus – that’s nonsense – and I was born in England; just because someone is an SNP supporter doesn’t mean to say they’re ‘vile anti English’. You seem to suffer from the party political polarisation that influences some of the comment on this website, to everyone’s disadvantage.
Robert Wakeham also commented
- If everyone ignored them they might just evaporate.
- Good points, Ken, but I have to admit to a certain nostalgia for the old days of Argyll County council when everyone appeared to stand solely on their own merits and for their personal beliefs, rather than attaching themselves to a political party (or even, these days, occasionally serially re-attaching themselves to more than one party) I’m sure some of them were true-blue Conservative, but they didn’t trade on it and I can remember the surprise when a Kintyre councillor announced publicly that he was a Labour man, and I think this was the first time party politics got much attention.
I always thought – however naively – that local government was all the better for not having the party poltical baggage of central government. There was less temptation to spend time on national issues rather than concentrating on matters of real local concern.
- Ah – party politics – white as the driven snow!
- Is that Paddy Power, Neil?
Recent comments by Robert Wakeham
- Baillie impressive at First Minister’s Questions – and then the polls rolled in
Surely no-one on this blog takes NCH’s ‘facts’ at face value?
- Argyll First launch new petition for permanent solution to A83
You’re talking about galleries, and there’s already one in Scotland, protecting both the A890 and the Kyle railway near Attadale on the shore of Loch Carron.
- Sarwar makes decision in favour of his party
By wielding that old catch-phrase ‘bitter together’ you conveniently forget how many of the ‘no’ voters want to see a strong, vigorous Scotland but without casting off from Britain and throwing away the lines.
Strange how so much of what you spout seems to be motivated by an underlying bitterness all of your own – an irresistible urge to indulge in sour comment and petty back-biting, NCH.
- A83 Latest – closure [updating regularly]
So if all the other options were ‘ridiculously expensive’ are we stuck with the status quo?
Or is it, perhaps, that what is ‘ridiculously expensive’ is in fact relatively commonplace in some other European countries?
- MoD still to give ‘definitive answer’ to cause of ‘loud bang’ in Western Isles
The ‘stray’ was apparently a Latvian cargo plane that lost contact over Kent, but what seems to be causing concern is the number of Russian military aircraft, including refuellers, flying around European international airspace without filing flight plans, with no transponders, and maintaining radio silence.
powered by SEO Super Comments