Comment posted Are tenant farmers, let down by bad law, also snagged in politics? by Islay for ever.
You bury your head in the sand if you like , today Arla is the latest milk processor to drop the price paid to farmers by two pence per litre .
Islay for ever also commented
- Further depressing news for tenant dairy farmers , with Wisemans confirming another 1.7 pence per litre price cut from 1st August and other dairy companies set to follow resulting in the biggest ever gap between the cost of production and the price received by farmers .
- You are incredibly gullible and plain wrong if you think only Wiseman are cutting milk prices to farmers . Dairy Crest were first to do so and the rest are about to follow , with a strong possibility prices may be as low as 22 pence per litre to farmers by this autumn .
- Tenant farmers throughout the country will be feeling more despondent than ever with the news that dairy companies are cutting 2 pence per litre from the price the farmers receive
Recent comments by Islay for ever
- South Kintyre artist’s studio shortlisted in 2016 Structural Awards
Can Clachan really be considered to be in South Kintyre ?
- SNP Council Group strategically target attack on new independent councillor for Oban North & Lorn
“Our current MSP does a superb job ” Are you serious ? Michael Russell MSP does not even work full time as our MSP . Campbeltown hospital has seen the number of beds decimated by the SNP and he has never once had anything to say about this outrageous situation … I could give you many more examples of his failure to oppose our SNP masters .
- Musical chairs again at Machrihanish wind tower plant – with new owner, new investment, possible new major contract and possible hike in jobs
I completely agree with Robert , this is good new for the local area , but how right he is to warn of the dangers of being so reliant on one major employer . Tourism should be getting the same level of support and a new strategy for farming in the area drawn up with prospects outside the EU very concerning.
- HIE’s Argyll & Bute transport study published
Surely one of the most beneficial road improvements in Argyll would be the stretch between Tarbert and Ardrishaig ? This road is unfit for the 21st Century and is holding back tourism and other economic activity in Kintyre , Islay and Mid Argyll .
Why our councillors representing Islay,Jura,Gigha,Kintyre and Mid Argyll can’t work together to force improvement is beyond belief .
Our MSP and MP could usefully apply pressure too if they truly had the interests of their constituents at heart .
- Conservatives call for guarantee on CAP payments to avoid £125m in EU fines on Scotland
Complete incompetence from the SNP , too busy trying to break up the country it appears .
powered by SEO Super Comments