Comment posted Council now deploys online ‘Spy Accounts’ in covert surveillance of local critics by Crazy She-Bat.
Is it just me, or do Black Jack and Fruit Salad not sound like they’re out of the same pack of sweeties? If you get my meaning LOL
I’m not an SNP fan, but I use this forum to vent my displeasure. I know there are people from across the political spectrum here also doing the same.
Do you actually have something to say about the Council admitting to spying? Or is it ok in your book?
Crazy She-Bat also commented
- Vote ARSN 2012 ✌
- I thought the council was the mafia
- In this case Blackjack, the reporting on this site is just a follow-on from the story from the Herald.
There are undeniable facts already in that Jo Smith used the word “spying” in her presentation and that she said to a room full of people that she set up dummy accounts to carry out this spying on dissenters of the council.
Those facts have not been made up and now all we see is a lot of panicked back-pedalling from those desperately trying to cover their tracks.
I used to work for another council and indeed with people still working in A&BC. The majority of which are fantastic, some doing really horrible, stressful jobs for not an awful lot of money either. What has turned me so cynical to the management of this Council is personal experience. I have never encountered a more duplicitous, manipulating, inept, bunch of out-right liars and what is sickening is their false claims that they’re doing all this for our own benefit.
Wanted to go to uni myself when I was younger to study journalism, so with a wee bit of a green eyed monster, I wish you good luck with your studies.
- And if everything turns out to be true? What then? What action should be taken and against whom if it has gone higher than Jo Smith?
- Adrian, the facts are irrefutable. I have a copy of the Powerpoint and it is pretty clear.
Jo Smith’s presentation clearly says “spying” and a room full of people heard her say she set up dummy accounts to spy on people who were in opposition to the Council and being vocal about it.
What we have seen since this kicked-off is numerous attempts to cloud the issue and protect Argyll & Bute Council and perhaps Local Authorities in general in case they all get tarred with the same brush, or worse and are guilty of the same practice.
The truth is that no amount of back-pedalling or jumping on the grenade will change the facts. This Council spied on people. How far that practice went, is where the independent investigation needs to look.
Recent comments by Crazy She-Bat
- First Minister’s revelatory refusal to pay Scotland’s share of upkeep of Head of State
Additional verses near the bottom Lundavra
- Welcome to Argyll’s Loch Litter-side and to Loch Litter and the Tossers National Park
Don’t be blaming the kids. I can assure you that in the nearest school, the children do litter patrols around their school everyday and get quite annoyed at the rubbish thrown in the school by passing tourists and lager louts.
There is no reason that bins cannot be placed in these lay-bys and added to the council’s bin collection for the park – its done virtually everyday in Luss, so a couple more will only add a few minutes to the schedule.
- Jaw-dropping background to Gordon Brown’s intervention in saving the Union – Labour now on notice in Argyll & Bute
I’m quite sure the £325,000 Gordon Brown got for 2 days of speeches made it bearable for him too.
- Salmond departure only hope for healing in Scotland – successor cannot be Sturgeon
Wee torpedo in your predictions Karl – membership of the SNP has risen by 5000 in the last 48 hours. Seems like the result has only made it stronger.
- Indy: For Argyll live online to the result – with Gordon Harmer from Shetland
Danny Alexander saying about the animosity he has experienced during the campaign. I think that was animosity to you, not Better Together.
powered by SEO Super Comments