Comment posted Oban Bay Marine presentation to Holyrood Cross Party Group by phill.
phill also commented
- If my memory serves me right, councillors from accross the spectrum voted not to support the OBM proposal in the location or form presented. Contrary to Jamie McGrigor’s statement above, the majority of Oban people were by no stretch of the imagination behind the plan. i dont know what circles the Tory list MSP moves in to make that sweeping assumption. Perhaps a ‘referendum’ needed!!!!
If possible, (for a politician), could Neil Macintyre give his answer YES or No for pontoons between the piers.
The seemingly never ending Chord issues in general are one thing, but the particular issue of Obans central waterfront is another where the council have got right.
Recent comments by phill
- Resignation-triggered by-election for Oban North and Lorn
Cllr Breslin; Ian Angus MacDonald may well have been scunered and a perceptive individual but he certainly has left the stage to the sound of his own footsteps. I also hope that Andrew Vennard stands as he is buliding up a respectable share of the vote and is not afraid to stand by his principles. I voted for him last time and will do so again. Never thought i would but there you go.
- Agreement on fiscal framework looks like Davidson proposal
Hugh Jazz, can you not debate in a sensible manner. Im afraid you have become an irritation for most posters of all sides and no side. Tedious and and i would imagine an embarasment for the party you would have us believe you support.
I have for some years now enjoyed healthy debate about many subjects on ‘forargyll’ and have until recently been generally impressed by the respect shown to posters of differing views.
You can do better.
- 34% turnout sees SNP candidate elected to Argyll & Bute Council on fourth count – but the story of the night is the Conservative success
First time I have voted Conservative, and probably as much to do with the stability and clearly defined policies at national level as for the commitment of the local candidate (Andrew Vennard). I have to agree with Newsroom on this occasion that currently Labour and Liberal Democrat are not ticking the boxes and the Conservative Party have beleive it or not become more appealling.
I also admire Tom Hayward for commenting above re the attiude of some Snp posters on here.
- Shock as Oban Express sold
- 5th Scottish Conservative MSP stands down for 2016
Agree that Annabel Goldie was good for democracy in Scotland, a fair minded person, and an asset to the Hollyrood parliament. Best wishes to her. Never been Tory minded but she was very straight to the point, and i enjoyed her skill in the debates.
powered by SEO Super Comments