“How did 6,000 passengers only leave £3,000 income for the town”
Two visits to the toilets each @ 25p a time? Its called something fancy now, “In income stream”
Recent comments by iain Hurrel
- Councillor Green to join Council administation as a member of TALIG
Never to be heard of again, vote sold in a day
- CalMac stepping outside remit in duplicating other agencies’ responsibilities for economic development strategy?
The full report is a good report detailing what needs to be done to remain competitive not really as a ferry company but as a region.
Cal-Mac should be given credit for marketing Argyll and the Isles properly apart from that is the recent video disaterous that has thankfully died a death days after its release.
But credit where credit is due, they have spent a lot of effort driving visitors to the area, far more effort than anyone else has and with a much greater impact.
Should we not be saying how lucky the region has been to have this Goverment business promoting the area on behalf and to the Benifit of all the businesses in the area?
Did they have to do it? Yes they did for the reason that they can and must keep the economic focus on the west or the service starts to be reduced because people go else where.
Golden opportunity right now with RTE to boost the tourism foot fall and they are doing the best job of it right now.
- Major league win in Mull’s Inverlussa Marine contract with world’s largest offshore wind farm developer
Well done and a great company to do work for also it has to be said, a great help to us when we started.
- Moving the money around in sale of Machrihanish Wind Towers Scotland to South Korea’s CS Wind
Your assuming that SSE and HIE are getting what they put in to the deal in the first place? It’s not a time for buying st full money or good money. If we’re not hearing the price then take it that it’s a big fat loss to both SSE and HIE it looks more like pass the parcel before pulling the plug?
- Fifth Argyll and the Isles Tourism Summit on 15th March – the venue is the draw
Lost me on that one beast, to much day time TV for you maybe? Try and be constructive
powered by SEO Super Comments