Comment posted Karl Hughes: impacts of the proposed Tiree Array and divorce from the natural world by Erik the Viking.
“On top of this we can also expect a substantial reduction in windspeeds on Tiree of possibly as much as 20%”
Clearly an emotional piece but where’s the direct link to this paper you refer to – it would be nice to read the findings objectively.
Erik the Viking also commented
- “Educate myself” – It’s not me that needs educating – perhaps you should tell the GNDs that inhabit Argyll freshwater lochs/lochans they’re not supposed to be there according to your RSPB link.
“Rock flower” – I’m guessing that’s a typo not some alpine plant? Having spent a considerable amount of time working in the Skerryvore area I am more aware than most of the conditions likely to be encountered. I would suggest that any ‘rock flour’ or sediment caused by drilling in such an environment would dissapate very quickly. Aren’t the sandy beaches of Tiree made from the same stuff – that doesn’t seem to be a problem?
- I would beg to differ – what you’re saying is purely speculation. The leg/s of a turbine would blend in perfectly as steep artifical reefs in an area with so many natural peaks . You quote ‘ incredibly fast tides’ and ‘huge swells’ in one statement and then worry about sediment deposition in another? A bit of a contradiction surely? Where do you anticipate this ‘sediment’ coming from? The construction process? As for GNDs – they seem to do fine up in the some remote hill lochans on the Argyll mainland within a stones throw of wind farms.
You want to back your arguments up with some real science otherwise you put yourself in danger of being perceived as just another whinging Nimby.
- Interesting piece’Fish thriving around wind farms’
Surely good news for the Great Northern Diver then?
Recent comments by Erik the Viking
- Ground control to Planet Bowie
Celebrate the man’s life and music but please don’t cheapen Bowie’s death by seeking to make political capital from it.
- Kieron Green to stand as an independent in newly announced Oban North and Lorn by election
If the local CLP have the guts to stand a real candidate rather than a Trojan horse then Mr Greens departure from the Labour is automatic.
- Savills offers important insights into worrying strategy for taking Land Reform proposals into operation
The trout fishing debacle on Tiree is a perfect illustration of the often heavy-handed, unsympathetic muscle flexing of ‘the Lord, their God, His Grace’
- Provoked by woman MP, Salmond loses temper in Commons
Haven’t you got better things to report? Lots of local stories and issues that you miss day in day out because of your anti SNP tunnel vision
- Supposing CalMac lost the Clyde and Hebridean ferries contract…
You must lead a sheltered life Boab?
powered by SEO Super Comments